cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyway to get my ebay fees as low as possible?

Hey guys, 

I have about 1750 items in my ebay store (fixed price).  I have been using the premium store listings the last few months, as it seems to be chaper on the listings every month.   I have over 3270 feedback 99.9%.   I am getting killed with all the ebay fees. Do you guys have any suggestions on how to lower them or get in a cheaper bracket on the ebay fees? Is it possible?  Any advice would be awesome.

Thanks 🙂

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

www.tablesaver.com wrote:I have about 1750 items in my ebay store (fixed price).  I have been using the premium store listings the last few months, as it seems to be chaper on the listings every month.   I have over 3270 feedback 99.9%.   I am getting killed with all the ebay fees. Do you guys have any suggestions on how to lower them or get in a cheaper bracket on the ebay fees? Is it possible?

If you want to maintain 1750 fixed price listings, and anchor store should run about $135 if you have an annual subscription, or $150 if you go month to month. That's 1000 free and 10 cents each for the remaining 750. An anchor store is $300 a month, so obviously tyhat is more expensive. And a basic store would cost about $325 (250 free plus 20 cents each for the other 1500.

You could switch 500 of your fixed price listings over to use your 500 auction listing and save $50 per month.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Well, see if you can follow ebay's instructions below on how to save $2 dollars in fees on a $100 item.

You can qualify to become a Top Rated seller by consistently meeting our performance standards for sales and shipment tracking.

Then, once you're a Top Rated seller, your listings can qualify for additional benefits. If your listings offer same- or one-business-day handling plus a 30-day or longer return period with money back option, you get:

• The Top Rated Plus seal (Top Rated Plus seal) displayed prominently.

• A 10% discount on final value fees (this applies to the final item price only, not to shipping charges).

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

The most obvious answer is to only list 1000 items at a time fixed and rotate your stock each month.  You can run auctions as well with your current BIN as the starting price, but with 10 day (max) auctions you would still have some items that would not see exposure each month.

Otherwise you need to open a 2nd store or upgrade to anchor.  Not much else you can do.  

I choose to stop at 1000 BIN items and then rotate stock.  I also try to list the excess elsewhere to hopefully sell it.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Fees are what they are, you don't seem to be using anything "extras"......  Problem is your item prices are so low for the small stuff and while you are selling multiples of most I looked at, it's not bringing the total sale price to above $10 in most cases from what I can see.

You might look into paypal micropayments (google it), but I don't think that would work......because of the multiples..  You've handled shipping well and are making something from that.  About the only thing I can see is to set a minimum quantity on the $1-$2 stuff and get $5-8 on the "lot".... but that may sacrifice some sales......Depending on how much inventory you have, I might try some large "wholesale" lots 50-100-200 pieces and see if there is a market there.......

As said, 2 premium stores versus the 1700+ in one premium would save a few bucks.  You've certainly done well and selling well.......just unfortunately lower priced items...

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

These comments are not related to reducing eBay fees but to increase sales.

Perhaps you should use store categories in your store to potentially increase sales. Everything appears in the other categories. By using store categories, a buyer can browse similar items grouped in an eBay store category.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Have you tried variation listing to group similar items into one listing instead of separate individual listings?

For example, wooden knobs. To me, these type of listings can be in a single variation listings

Wood Grain Round Hardwood Knob - 1 1/2" - vintage antique furniture

WALNUT Wood Grain Round Knob with Wide Base - 1-1/2" - vintage antique furniture

WALNUT Wood Grain Knob - 1" - vintage antique furniture

Oak Wood Grain Round Knob - 1 1/4" - vintage antique furniture

CHERRY Wood Grain Round Knob with Wide Base - 1-1/4" - vintage antique furniture

and more similar to the above

Have a variation on size - diameter and on wood type with title Wood Grain Round Knob - vintage antique furniture.

I used one of the above to start a listing and the category Home & Garden > Furniture > Trunks & Chests seems to allow variations.

If you can put 10+ listings in one variation, you can save a lot of listings and fees over the premium store limit of 1,000 free listings. Maybe enough to get down to only free listings used.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I'll give you credit, you sell a lot. I would NEVER sell anything like you sell in that price range here, it can't be cost effective (maybe you take PayPal micro payments, but even still). I have no suggestions for you.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply