cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone tired of eBay siding with customers and losing money because of returns????!!!

Is there any sellers that this consistently happens? I just sent a new sealed barber clippers and got back the same clippers used from a customer. When will eBay stop their one sided findings. 

Message 1 of 84
latest reply
83 REPLIES 83

Re: Anyone tired of eBay siding with customers and losing money because of returns????!!!

I certainly know the feeling ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Regarding coins,,,,, Ebay CSR's know little about US coins
Message 76 of 84
latest reply

Re: Anyone tired of eBay siding with customers and losing money because of returns????!!!

Not 100% return if buyer returns a different item? Used to be
Message 77 of 84
latest reply

Buyer return fraud was such a big deal to me that I took all of my listings down.
Message 78 of 84
latest reply

@moldy5 wrote:
You are so right! I don't want to leave eBay but also won't ship anything until I have the money. Why the bleep are they making us do this? Betting millions of sellers will leave in July. so so sad.

You don't need to ship anything before the money is available for payout. Just set your handling time to 3 days or whatever you want. I've been in MP since January (not this ID), it's running like clockwork. Someone pays and usually the next day it shows funds available for payout, meaning you can transfer to your bank next day or weekly based on your selection. When ebay knows the payment the buyer has used is processing they show the item as 'available to ship', if there's a processing issue it won't show this. It works this way for all credit cards, they don't immediately show as funds available to merchants, same thing when a buyer receives a refund, it's not there in real time.

Paypal 'floats' sellers the monies, this is the only reason you receive it immediately! This is also why there can be instances when, due to this, you quickly shipped and suddenly there's an issue with the transaction because paypal floated you the funds, didn't wait for it to fully process, and they take the money back! NO OTHER payment system floats funds to sellers. Not on etsy, not on Amazon. Paypal spoiled people.

I always see the funds in my account day after my payout. It should be this way for most banks. If people are going to quit ebay simply because they have to see money immediately in their account, then it will just mean more business for those who elect to stay. Thinning the herd is fine with me! It's your choice.

Message 79 of 84
latest reply

@moldy5 wrote:

So bleeping sad that this happened to you. This **bleep** happens to millions of sellers daily. We just have to take it. So sick of it. Please God, direct us to an honest selling site,

The only honest selling site would be where you sell in person for cash. Even if you create your own website with policies, a buyer can still file a chargeback. As long as there are dishonest buyers there will never be a perfect online selling site. I've had more trouble with sellers than I've had with buyers. They cancel sales, suddenly OOS, send something else, send a used item when it's supposed to be used, fail to disclose flaws, etc. It works both ways.

Message 80 of 84
latest reply

they have told me that for years now.
Message 81 of 84
latest reply

you are wrong - I am a TRS with 30 day returns for 2 stores and it still happens. NO ONE IS IMMUNE to what is occurring on Ebay now.
Message 82 of 84
latest reply

@puggybini wrote:

@inhawaii wrote:

Anyone tired of eBay siding with customers and losing money because of returns????!!!

I'm tired of it. But i'm going to continue to sell here. 

My friend lost $1200 and also the item from a buyer scam. When I saw what happened to him, I removed the two things that I had for sale (I'm mostly a buyer), but my friend had hundreds of items in his eBay-store, most of them were over $500, and many above $1000. He began to modify the listings with the options that eBay permits, to avoid being scammed again, adding humiliating return options. But when I read eBay's policies it does not help, because you can be scammed as a seller at any time. I read somewhere that if you are a Power Seller you can recover 50% of a refund, as long as you add the free "Gift" shipping option and at least 30 days return. The problem in general is that the scam infestation will make sellers avoid selling items that exceed $200; And if they need the money thanks to the current economic crisis, out of necessity or desperation the sellers should lower the prices of their items to avoid losing much more money. Other sellers (as in my case), who refuse to lower the price of their items and don't want to lose the item and the money to scammers, must migrate to other online platforms, leaving eBay as a cheap shopping platform only.

I'm very sorry this happened to your friend. Ebay is not the place to sell high ticket items. The only way one can limit their losses is by limiting the price of items they elect to sell here. There are scammers on all online platforms.

Message 83 of 84
latest reply

I sent a new stretcher the customer bought  she then refused item and it was returned .The box was damaged so I could not reuse and she said she didnt need item  so I lost the shipping and the cost of an item I couldnt sell because I didnt have an original box they refunded buyer and I appealled and still lost .Ebay seems to have favored the buyer and not the seller

Message 84 of 84
latest reply