cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else sick of customer service in the Philippines? What a waste of time and resources...

I've been on a hiatus for some time as I got burned out on ebay from non paying bidders and the fact you can no longer leave them negative feedback. Customer service told me years ago that if they saw a pattern they'd stop them but that's most definitely not true! I have a friend who is constantly not paying for stuff and laughs about the fact there are no repercussions. Anyway, that's another story. I've been on the phone for about 5 hours and chat for 2 hours during the 5 hours I was on the phone and got no where. I've had the same thing happen when calling customer service with AT&T and FedEx. If they don't know the answer they keep transferring you or put you on hold which turns your phone off at exactly 45 minutes. They can't speak English, or if they do it's broken English you can't understand. They no longer give you their employee number because they're at home and they know their is not a supervisor hanging over their shoulder. When you ask to be transferred to a supervisor they flat out refuse now.  Most of this non caring attitude is because they're all at home. Ebay, like many companies, is using covid as an excuse to save money and/or be lazy. In the 5 hours on the phone I've heard babies crying, a potential domestic violence incident, chickens cackling and roosters crowing, and even random gun shots....yeah...this is the new customer service for every company in America. I noticed ebay jacked their fees up...why? One of the representatives told me she makes $2 an hour and the longer they keep you on the phone, they more they make??? Bonus maybe? Can someone please make any of this make sense??

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Anyone else sick of customer service in the Philippines? What a waste of time and resources...

Before calling customer service you have to have a "real" problem that can be resolved. Non paying bidders is not a real problem and cannot be resolved by CS.  Complaints about ebay cannot by resolved by CS representative. It would be a total waste of time to even call even if you do hear chickens in the background.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Re: Anyone else sick of customer service in the Philippines? What a waste of time and resources...

@barqs19 

The best way I've found to deal with CS is to not call them.

If I have a question or problem, I come here for answers.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

If you wanna work for $3 an hour maybe you can answer phones 😂

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Or sell on ebay 🙂

______
I am a volunteer here to try and help others, so be nice and remember - My advice might well be worth what you're paying for it.
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Chatting with them is much easier...if you can get an actual agent and not a bot.  Almost everyone of of my credit card, debit cards, even my cable is hooked up to the Philippines if you need customer support. That's big business for you...good customer service is a thing of the past. 

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

" I have a friend who is constantly not paying for stuff and laughs about the fact there are no repercussions."

The fact that you are a seller yourself, and consider someone like this to be a friend, speaks volumes.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

I didn't say I'd let him hold my wallet. He's a childhood friend and basically said if it was legal and he could get away with it, why not? Kind of like tax write offs. Is it ethical? No. Do people do it? Yes.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@barqs19 wrote:

I've been on the phone for about 5 hours and chat for 2 hours during the 5 hours I was on the phone and got no where.

What was the issue you're having that had you on the phone with them for 5 hours? 

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

@barqs19 wrote:

I've been on the phone for about 5 hours and chat for 2 hours during the 5 hours I was on the phone and got no where.

What was the issue you're having that had you on the phone with them for 5 hours? 

Not being allowed to leave negative FB for buyers since 2008 ??? Maybe....or that phone CSR only make $2 an hour ???

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

I had same issues they haven't a clue what they are talking about

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

These silly little bidder's who don't pay keep eBay going and I think eBay should charge them and then the seller won't lose out and it would teach the bidder's a lesson,I also think that silly bidder's are eBay robots ,well you never know in this day and age

I want to reserve a price at £35 but eBay says £50 I think I know what I can definitely sell my grateful dead cds for

I had trouble posting kept asking for domestic pricing 

I'm not happy with eBay charging auction one off payments someone's getting rich and then charging final fees as well and then I can't sell it ,money for old rope,no wonder buyers always get great reviews yet sellers have to review first weird that ,it's the way of the world ,backwards that's for sure

Why every phone call do they say we see you been with us (---) years thankyou for your loyalty how about charging bidder's or blocking false bidder's THATS loyalty to the loyal haha.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@barqs19 wrote:

In the 5 hours on the phone I've heard babies crying, a potential domestic violence incident, chickens cackling and roosters crowing, and even random gun shots.... One of the representatives told me she makes $2 an hour and the longer they keep you on the phone, they more they make??? Bonus maybe? Can someone please make any of this make sense??

Sorry, I do not buy any of this.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@pal_3334 wrote:

These silly little bidder's who don't pay keep eBay going

How do they "keep eBay going"?

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Your comment makes very little sense… how do nonpayers keep eBay going if they aren’t paying? 

Message 15 of 16
latest reply