cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else seeing the banner "Attract buyers with Ebay's discounted shipping." Seriously?! +

Dear eBay, what are YOU doing to attract more buyers to eBay? How about you go into your profits and offer a coupon for buyers every once in a while. Or incentives to sellers. Of course, there are sellers who do offer buyers discounted shipping or free shipping. However, for me I just try to price my item where I am making modest profits and sometimes barely breaking even and the shipping discount is the only real perk I feel I have going for me. Make me feel super annoyed seeing this banner and apparently I can't get rid of it! 

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Anyone else seeing the banner "Attract buyers with Ebay's discounted shipping." Seriou

Yes Indeed!

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Re: Anyone else seeing the banner "Attract buyers with Ebay's discounted shipping." Seriou

@busybeeshopper12 wrote:

Dear eBay, what are YOU doing to attract more buyers to eBay? How about you go into your profits and offer a coupon for buyers every once in a while.

And bring back ebay bucks. They kept many buyers to be more loyal and the redemption of the ebay bucks created more sales.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

@campanaelia wrote:

@busybeeshopper12 wrote:

Dear eBay, what are YOU doing to attract more buyers to eBay? How about you go into your profits and offer a coupon for buyers every once in a while.

And bring back ebay bucks. They kept many buyers to be more loyal and the redemption of the ebay bucks created more sales.

Zero impact both concepts...  Many a seller are going to place like Temu, big online retailer sales where often things are 50-80% off then want flip them here for more than retail was.  Doesn't work as those big online retailers offer more and more as they vye for the DOLLAR not the product as they consign products with price protection not just buy things outright.  Walmarts attraction of liquidators, overstock, delisted products with ship to store has made their online business just boom!  Dont think impacts here? It sure does as again, its a fight for the dollar.  Sellers need understand things became a whole lot more complex post covid as big retail now has embraced the web vs sideline and just as they're retail outlets compete for the dollar, for the consumer no matter what they buy so it is now online, eBay needs compete "For the dollar."

Question becomes how to do that when you've millions of sellers versus "Walmart" or "Macy's" or "Temu" thought of as SINGULAR entities. Amazon to 95% of buyers is not considered a "third party marketplace" its considered one, Amazon.  eBay is considered a venue by which millions of "Who's this?" sell.  There's trust and confidence issues there and much much more given the VERY limited real-estate of cellphones and thats how people shop now.

eBay IMHO needs make mane a change reinventing the venue and thats difficult to do as many sellers who do succeed will reject change and those who are uplifted by change are far far less in numbers not to mention manipulators of change.  This has always been an issue in large third party marketplaces and its WHY eBay has so many mechanisms of controls over sellers.  They didn't implement them because it seems a good idea, they implemented them because of sellers.  An easy example is charging FVF's on shipping because if they don't sellers sell for $1 and $40 in shipping to avoid fees.  All messages are to stay internal to the site, didn't used to be that way but happen because sellers try work around the rules.  Authentications of products, didn't happen 20 years ago but does now because there are sellers who rip off consumers.  Vero doesn't exist because eBay want's play policeman, it exists because eBay didn't have a choice because of what some sellers do.  Money back guarantee no doubt exists due to pressures that eBay become more consumer safe REGARDLESS of how many buyers scam sellers.

That all said, I believe there is a great deal eBay can do to reinvent the venue without teeing off tens of thousands of sellers and at times I've mentioned a handful in these forums.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

i would (used  to) role those savings into merchandise to Sell or add to one of my (too) many collections ..

but they've been gone for a long time

Message 19 of 19
latest reply