cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else having GTC listing that you CANCEL show back up as relisted?

I've noticed the last couple of weeks that some of the GTC listing that I manually cancel show back up as relisted after I cancelled them. This is really annoying,  because now I have to spend time every morning ending my lower performing books (I try to juggle around 500 older listings and have them up only once every few months, to increase my available things to sell)  because eBay eliminated the 30 day buy it now option back in March. I haven't contacted customer service about this yet, but if it keeps happening I will have to bite the bullet and waste several hours of my time talking to an operator overseas to try to solve this problem. The weird thing is when I end the listing in bulk, it shows that they are all ended, yet for some of them there they are a few hours later, relisted by eBay. Is anyone else out there having this issue?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Anyone else having GTC listing that you CANCEL show back up as relisted?

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@roadypig wrote:

I've noticed the last couple of weeks that some of the GTC listing that I manually cancel show back up as relisted after I cancelled them. This is really annoying,  because now I have to spend time every morning ending my lower performing books (I try to juggle around 500 older listings and have them up only once every few months, to increase my available things to sell)  because eBay eliminated the 30 day buy it now option back in March. I haven't contacted customer service about this yet, but if it keeps happening I will have to bite the bullet and waste several hours of my time talking to an operator overseas to try to solve this problem. The weird thing is when I end the listing in bulk, it shows that they are all ended, yet for some of them there they are a few hours later, relisted by eBay. Is anyone else out there having this issue?

Hi @roadypig, there is not a known issue with GTC listings behaving in the way you've described. It's important to note that when a GTC listing is ended early it will be placed in the Unsold section. This means that the item will appear in the "Not relisted" list, so sellers that relist items from this list in bulk will end up putting the item back on the site if they aren't careful. I don't know if that's what's happened in your situation, but it is common if a seller isn't aware that GTC items go to the Unsold section when they are ended early.

Since this will take a fair amount to research and account specific details, I suggest that you contact customer support. They can research the items and give a better idea of what happened. Our Social Media support is a great resource as well. You can reach customer support via Facebook and Twitter.

Brian,
Community Team

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Just so I'm clear on what is going on.  

Did you do a cancellation of a transaction or did you end the listing?  The two processes are different.

If you ended the listing and it came back, I've never had that happen, so hopefully someone else will have more information for you.

If you did a cancellation, it can happen during that process.  There is a little box that can be checked or not that will relist the listing once you process the cancellation.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I literally was waiting until the last hour before I ended my GTC listings.  And I did them one at a time.   I ended the listing not cancel. When I relisted it I used the "sell similar" option instead of "relist" option. They showed up with a new listing start date. Those listings also came up as new listings in searches.  I will be watching my listings in the fashion category carefully as there is this offer that I want to take advantage of to save the 30% FVF.

Save 30% on final value fees each time you sell shoes and accessories for $50 or more.

List by 9/5. Auction-style listings must sell within first listing period; Buy It Now and fixed price listings must sell before the listing is automatically renewed.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

All I can say is that the GTC format has always seemingly had issues.  There have been many post over the years on these boards regarding your situation. 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Did you CANCEL the listings, or END the listing? As far as I know, there's no such menu choice to canceling a listing.  You can end a listing, or cancel a sale... 2 very different actions.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Ebay's AI is so intelligent that it knows what you should list and when!!! 🙂

All kidding aside, I've had items not in the current rotation show up randomly as listed and some sold items show up as listed!

it is a known glitch that has never been fixed - surprise ...

Patd

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

As a follow up, one of my listing canceled last night - yes, I make sure the box is checked - showed up this morning, relisted.  Not of my doing 😞

Patd

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

So it isn't just us then. I wasn't clear enough when I wrote the question- i am talking about ENDING a GTC listing, not cancelling an order. I had 14 of the 45 I tried to end yesterday somehow end back on later in the day. That's $1.40 that i would have liked to have used for new listings. Instead, I will hold off on new listings now until the start of next month. Sales are always slow for us in the three summer months, so throwing extra money on older listings,  trying to find buyers is not the way we want to spend out money this time of year. Ebay loses money this way, IMO- The "new" stuff we want to list has a better chance of selling than something that has been on for several months with no nibbles, even after dropping the price a few times. We will pay for about 200 extra listings this month (that's $20, or less than what we average in two sales), on top of the 1,000 GTC that we get as part of our "store" here on eBay. If the older listings I wanted to take off had stayed off, we would have listed more new listings. instead, eBay somehow relisted them (about 50-60 so far this month, as best I can estimate). Poor way for both eBay and us to make more money 😞

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Calling ebay employees to see if this is a known issue and if they can help you.

tyler@ebay 

brian@ebay 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@roadypig wrote:

Hi @roadypig, there is not a known issue with GTC listings behaving in the way you've described. It's important to note that when a GTC listing is ended early it will be placed in the Unsold section. This means that the item will appear in the "Not relisted" list, so sellers that relist items from this list in bulk will end up putting the item back on the site if they aren't careful. I don't know if that's what's happened in your situation, but it is common if a seller isn't aware that GTC items go to the Unsold section when they are ended early.

Since this will take a fair amount to research and account specific details, I suggest that you contact customer support. They can research the items and give a better idea of what happened. Our Social Media support is a great resource as well. You can reach customer support via Facebook and Twitter.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Final follow-up- All I have been able figure out is that I attempted to end some of those older listings early and they somehow didn't get "ended". I have been keeping a much closer eye on our ended listings since we had the issue, and none have shown back up as relisted unless WE chose to relist them. So maybe it was a glitch in the system, maybe I didn't make sure that the listings that I ticked to end actually ended. Still wish we had the 30-day option- it would free up more time to do other tasks if I didn't have to review what is due to end each day, but as long as the 30 day listing option isn't available, it's the only logical thing to do to rotate our older stock (we have been deleting more of our older "losers" every month, too- hurts to give up on something we took the time to buy/photograph/list, but at some point you just have to give up on some things).

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

We used "end listing". I used the wrong term in my post by saying "cancelled", even though that is essentially what we do (cancelling it before it rolls over).
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@roadypig wrote:
We used "end listing". I used the wrong term in my post by saying "cancelled", even though that is essentially what we do (cancelling it before it rolls over).

Yes Ebay has their own terminology on certain words, so it can be confusing when we mix them up.  A cancellation is a process in which an existing transaction with a buyer could be cancelled.  It has nothing at all to do with a listing that the seller may want to end for whatever reason the seller may have.  That is simply ending a listing.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 13 of 13
latest reply