cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Else Having Issues With Uploading Photos on Existing Listings & New Ones?

I have been trying for 3 days to revise a photo on an existing listing and have been unable to do so.

I have tried to list new items for 2 days and cannot upload photos.

I called eBay this morning and was told it is a glitch in their system (imagine a glitch on eBay grin) and are working to resolve the issue.

Customer service told me they couldn't switch me back to the old form.

I'm stressed out beyond the limit.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Anyone Else Having Issues With Uploading Photos on Existing Listings & New Ones?

Site has been very glitchy this week.  Apparently they are installing new and it isn't behaving well.  MBG, purchase history, best offer buttons disappeared.  So many issues.

Before that, I read several threads about this problem.  Did you try the advanced listing form?  It has more capabilities than the simple listing form.

Maybe check the tech Board.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Thanks castle.

I finally had to list under one of my other user IDs that let me list with the old one.

I don't know how to find the advanced listing form.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

For once, I had a second copy of a title, same edition even, and tried to use Relist.

It stuck on List Now. No copy appeared above it.

So I tried Sell Similar. Same problem.

Went to eBay Canada. No problems there, but I wanted US dollars for this book.

Finally made a new listing instead, not a problem since I have the Description saved as a Text document and I make scans in any case. 

So ... madness is repeating the same action expecting a different outcome.

Can you upload your pictures any other way? Perhaps using Basic instead of Standard?

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@back2clk ... @castlemagicmemories ... 

Us2!

Apart from uploading photos issues either on existing or new ones :

Experiencing:

1) Item Specifics. While revising templates on Item Specifics - ie: removing

an input on the Item Specifics that is no longer valid pertaining to current listing -

that input CANNOT be removed. Still exists - after several tries. 

2) Mobile Friendly Checker. DO NOT CLICK onto it!! When we do - the whole revised

or newly descriptions just disappeared - After  "Error ... # ...." pop up.  

As of now, just taking a break from listing - just coming into the boards to check if

anyone is having some kinda of related issues too.

Needless to say, the affected listings that were revised after several tries will appear

to viewers that "there're more than 5 revisions" but nothing has changed.

Ok - am going out to play ball with our babes - to clear my foggy brain and grab a beer 

too to chill.

-

Lucas

*still rollin' with the punches*

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I've tried the basic and standard without success.

On both, after 17 minutes with 0% uploaded.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Hey Lucas.

Have 1 for me.

Thanks.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@callahanmagic

So, Lucas, let me see if I got this straight...

Ebay is driving you to drink?  screamSmiley Very Happywine_glass

Hope all is well with your baby.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I just had to send pictures to a seller as something I received today came broken.

Ten porcelain pieces, sent in a plastic bag, within a box, but each piece was not wrapped with any protection.

You know what happens when porcelain hits porcelain.

Not happy, and the reluctant uploading did not help.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Yes, when I upload photos from android device (I am not using the app)...sometimes the pics hang with that spinner infinitely going 'round, never to load.  I then refresh it by using the saved draft  complete listing on my PC.  It will jog the photos in that way.  Sometimes i open ebay in a 2nd tab on my android and can access the updated listing that way.  

It appears that mobile with the app, mobile without the app, and pc functionality are each compromised in their own special way.  Every iteration of the site looks and acts differently depending on what device we use and the parameters of our listings or seller tools.  

There needs to be separate tech support boards for all the variations of crud on each platform.  It's a major clusterbluff right now (this works, wait...no it doesn't,  here's a way,  oops ...never mind , click here...but my page doesn't look like that, etc. Etc.) and some answers make no sense when we don't know what type of device/platform  the user is specifically using.  

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Yep,just started to list new items-got one pic-the rest black boxes-sorry I am not an airplane!

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Am Over those Glitches. Not worth the aggravations.  Considering What's Happening to UK ... our Hearts with UK. Spending every Precious moment with this Babe.Am Over those Glitches. Not worth the aggravations. Considering What's Happening to UK ... our Hearts with UK. Spending every Precious moment with this Babe.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply