cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any shoe sellers here? I need opinions!

Hi all. I don't sell a ton of shoes, I probably have 2 dozen or so currently listed. I got my hands on some pretty desirable shoes today, and as I was cleaning them up, I realized they just look so...well, awesome with shoe trees in them! I notice a LOT of listings have tree shoes in the shoes, but I seriously doubt they go with the shoes, and there is nothing in the listings stating that the trees are not included. So, I wonder, do some buyers open a INAD case because the trees were not included, but were in the pictures?  What are your guys opinions and experiences? Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Any shoe sellers here? I need opinions!

If they are in the picture, they are included in the sale.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I don't know about those sellers you are referencing and what they include in their sales, but...if you don't want to include the shoe trees, be clear in your description and state that "shoe trees not included"  I have sold  shoes with shapers in them, or air pillows...and I certainly don't send the fillers.  I  also  list clothing (women's suits or dresses, etc) and I dress my "helper " up w/ a necklace...but I ALWAYS declare in my listing "necklace not included".  Not one buyer has ever challenged me.  If you don't want to use the shoe trees, go to a shoe store or shoe dept., and ask the clerk for the cardboard "fillers" or "shapers" They have been very nice to me...they are more than happy to get rid of that stuff. (Remember, those fillers/shapers come in the shoe size, so you might want to be selective)

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Not if the seller specifically states (and maybe in all caps) "shoe trees/fillers are NOT included in the sale.

A good example of this is doll clothing.  Many sellers show the dress on a doll.  They emphatically state they are selling only the garment and some have a banner across the figure stating thus.  

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Do not put anything in a photo that is not in the sale....some buyers will state item not as described.

I have been there before.

The width of shoes...this is where buyers will say they do not fit and might return them. Shoes are a hard sell.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Just cite "Shoe trees not included" - 99% of people understand they're not, but it would be for the 1% of people who also need "serving suggestion" written on cereal boxes so they don't think the bowl and spoon come with the cereal.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 6
latest reply