cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any sellers think non payers should be banned from eBay?

Am getting fed up with growing number of non payers. My time is wasted. 2 days then case opened. 2 more days then I have to relist.if you bid on item then don't pay you should be banned from eBay.
Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Any sellers think non payers should be banned from eBay?

Set your buyer requirements to block 2 unpaid strikes in 12 months.  You get rid of lots of numpties that way.

blockedbuyers.JPG

Roblin's Garage - Classic Auto Salvage - Demorestville / Toronto, Canada
Message 16 of 35
latest reply

@tiberius848 wrote:

@circa1901 wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

If that were required I would no longer purchase here.  And I am probably not alone.

That would be another incidence of punishing everyone because of a few bad buyers.

Same here. I'd never give ebay my credit card number. I've bought on ebay since 1999 and have never not paid for an item I won. I've never even been late paying. I pay as soon as I know I've won the item.

I get your perspective but I think they should offer the option for sellers to turn that "feature" onto the listings such as the way you can require immediate payment on buy it now. Maybe they can offer alternative payments methods other then just credit card but it should be locked in before you can bid.

I personally would be willing to give up buyers who are not comfortable with that if it means getting rid of the many non paying bidders.

They are a huge time waste.

You would be giving up virtually every auction buyer. And if you had more than one item at auction that the same bidder would bid on, forget about combined shipping - meaning forget about anyone bidding on multiple auctions from a seller.

E-bay is punishing all sellers because of a 'few bad sellers.'

Why should buyers be treated any differently?

Just wondering.

COYOTES RULE!!!

Message 18 of 35
latest reply

"E-bay is punishing all sellers because of a 'few bad sellers.'

Why should buyers be treated any differently?"

------------

Because all eCommerce websites, fiercely try to attract buyers.

It's not as difficult to attract sellers.

imo,

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 19 of 35
latest reply

It's disgraceful,the buyers who bid then change their minds,they ignore your messages asking about payment,then ignore eBay when told case is open. I wouldn't mind if they would tell me right away they purchased in error so I could cancel transaction and relist. If I purchased item and won and changed my mind I wouldn't do that,ignore seller,ID pay and sell the item myself.I wouldn't even mind if winning buyer messaged me and said he would pay for the item on his/her payday several days later,then I know I will be paid. These selfish rude non payers should get a 6 month ban for first non payment,then a year for any further non payment. They are wasting sellers time and basically don't care about anyone but themselves.
Message 20 of 35
latest reply

\Who said anything about 12 minutes? I didn't.
Message 21 of 35
latest reply

Of course you did since you decided to reply to my own comment and not the OP's
Message 22 of 35
latest reply

They are.

If sellers open Unpaid Item Disputes and the bidder does not pay, he gets a Strike.

Most sellers have an automatic Block against bidders with Strikes. (Two in 12 months is the most common. The first is a mulligan because anyone can make a mistake.)

And we do see complaints from bidders who have been Blocked . Occasionally we see complaints from members who have had accounts closed . (And yes, have reopened another account. Sigh.)

But the OP is trying to reinvent the wheel.

It's been done.

Go to your Seller Preferences. There are several interesting ways to manage bidders there.

Message 23 of 35
latest reply

But good sellers?

And also, if you do not pay, you are not a buyer.

You are a browser, a window shopper or a potential buyer from someone else.

COYOTES RULE!!!

Message 24 of 35
latest reply

These selfish rude SELLERS should get a 6 month ban for first non non fulfillment of a purchase ,then a year for any further non performance. They are wasting buyer's time and basically don't care about anyone but themselves.

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 25 of 35
latest reply

@savanna.dance wrote:
These selfish rude SELLERS should get a 6 month ban for first non non fulfillment of a purchase ,then a year for any further non performance. They are wasting buyer's time and basically don't care about anyone but themselves.

I see the point you are making, eBay has cracked down on non-fulfillment hard - not as hard as your example, but pretty severe.

Message 26 of 35
latest reply

@shed-flips I just reworded a quote taken directly from this thread. I'm well aware that OOS is a harsh penalty for sellers, but sellers should take the same punishment they want to meet out for buyer's or at least see how ridiculous they sound.

Message 27 of 35
latest reply

@savanna.dance wrote:
@shed-flips I just reworded a quote taken directly from this thread. I'm well aware that OOS is a harsh penalty for sellers, but sellers should take the same punishment they want to meet out for buyer's or at least see how ridiculous they sound.

Your point is well made with that approach.  My big thing - if they immediately know they don't want to or can't pay for the item - at least have the courtesy to message me and ask me to cancel.  That way I can grumble a little, throw the item right back up and move on.  When they don't say anything, which is usually the case, you are stuck for almost a week where you can't sell the item to someone else.

I have misplaced items, messed up inventory, even broken items getting them down to pack them up.  Each time I have immediately messaged the buyer - begging for forgiveness, offering alternatives, deep discount on similar item, etc.  Or just cancel with a refund if I don't get a quick reply.  

Again, your point is well taken.  You can go too far on either side of this.

Message 28 of 35
latest reply

I don't know, what's more disappointing, not getting paid, but still having your item to resell or not getting an item you had your heart set on and possibly followed bidding for up to 10 days? Non performance by either party stinks. Does it always have to be buyers are dogs or can't it be put into perspective, that it happens both ways.

Okay, so some sellers want CC or cash to be made available the moment an auction ends. What method can be put into place to make sure a seller sends the item, no matter the ending price?

Message 29 of 35
latest reply

@savanna.dance wrote:
I don't know, what's more disappointing, not getting paid, but still having your item to resell or not getting an item you had your heart set on and possibly followed bidding for up to 10 days? Non performance by either party stinks. Does it always have to be buyers are dogs or can't it be put into perspective, that it happens both ways.

Okay, so some sellers want CC or cash to be made available the moment an auction ends. What method can be put into place to make sure a seller sends the item, no matter the ending price?

Fulfilled by Ebay?  LOL

Message 30 of 35
latest reply