cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another return fraudster caught

This guy was caught and his estimated value of fraudulent returns are $1.3 million dollars! 

The big boys are paying attention and hopefully the more these come out into the public eye, the more attention and changes will happen everywhere. The value of returns of course helped, but maybe it's time to look at all the smaller return fraud which could total excessive amounts like this one and the one that the river caught.

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-central-southern-az/yuma/yuma-police-man-arrested-for-13-million-i...

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

He was caught because he was scamming WalMart and it wasWalMart that was losing the money from scams.

Amazon boots buyers if they have too many returns because it potentially could be Amazon that will be out the money from scams.

As long as ebay doesn't own any of the merchandise being scammed the wheels of justice will move slowly here.

(*Bleep*)
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Good job take them scammers down.  Best regards

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

What does it matter? WalMart will never get that money back. All they can do is claim the loss on tax return. And the thief, he’ll get a slap on the wrist and be back at it in a few months. 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@justagirl12 wrote:

What does it matter? WalMart will never get that money back. All they can do is claim the loss on tax return. And the thief, he’ll get a slap on the wrist and be back at it in a few months. 

I don't think so, crossed state lines, and got up into the million mark - he's going to do penitentiary time.  Especially if WalMart keeps their survellance tapes and he's on them.

Actually I am interested in finding out if he was selling his ill gotten parts on ebay.

(*Bleep*)
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I agree. However, I truly hope more articles like this come out and gather some media attention. I think if more fraudsters are caught and more make the news/headlines, changes will happen. Maybe not eBay right away, but they do like to follow other companies lead...so it's somewhat possible.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Oh Yes. the media attention is going to have an impact on whether some people will continue their scamming efforts. That's why it is important to know.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Yes. It's the Pen for this scammer. The Amz scammers were slapped with mail fraud and money laundering and prison time.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Yes, that would be  interesting to find out.  You are correct, he is not getting a slap on thrist , especially in Yuma , AZ.   Hopefuly, he had an accomplice or two, so they could levy a few RICO charges.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

Oh Yes. the media attention is going to have an impact on whether some people will continue their scamming efforts. That's why it is important to know.

Yes, maybe it will cause some to think twice if they think their name will be splashed across the news.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

These crooks are incredibly stupid....

Everyone knows eBay is the place to run these scams because they'll side with the buyers every time (it's not eBay who's taking the loss, after all) and then instead of getting the attention of a big and powerful seller like Walmart or Amazon all you've done is stolen from a bunch of small and powerless eBay sellers.

It's like stealing candy from babies and eBay helps every step of the way.

Amateurs!
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I don't think so, crossed state lines, and got up into the million mark - he's going to do penitentiary time.  Especially if WalMart keeps their survellance tapes and he's on them.

Actually I am interested in finding out if he was selling his ill gotten parts on ebay.

He's toast.  Stealing in person is a whole other ball of wax than stealing on the Internet.  He's got multiple charges for this incident, he's in jail $40,000 bond.  The other Walmart in town will prosecute too, and he's apparently done this at other Walmarts in Arizona.  It will be at least a decade before he can even be extradited to other states to face charges in them. 

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 13 of 13
latest reply