cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another ebay change - for who knows why

Reloaded the sold page and got this

IMG_0537.JPG

not even sure we know what they are talking about.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

One of the columns when you view active listings is "format"  Format is Fixed price, auction, classified.

They are removing that column.

It seems like a minor change.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

@golfingaddict wrote:

One of the columns when you view active listings is "format"  Format is Fixed price, auction, classified.

They are removing that column.

It seems like a minor change.

I sent in a reply on that. They don't say whether they're just going to remove its default appearance on the page (and leave it as a customization option for those who want it), or if they're going to remove it entirely. I suggested to them that they leave it available as a customization option.

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

As others said, eBay is getting rid of the "Format" column that tells you whether a listing is fixed price or auction.

In my opinion, as long as the search filter at the top still allows sellers to filter fixed price, auction, etc then the column is not needed.

Edit: For clarity, not sure what you mean by "sold" page. That does not look like the Orders page which is how I interpret "sold". It is a screenshot of the Ended Listings page.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 21
latest reply

I'll bet it won't be to those than run alot of auctions............

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

WARNING! Whatever you do-- Do Not "X" it out. I was just on my UNSOLDS Page and that message popped up in the drop down and like a DUMMY I clicked on the little x to get rid of the message and it DELETED Two of my listings right under the message! 

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Sorry, wrote sold by mistake, it is the ended page.

Also didn't notice the tiny pointer pointing to the format column till the popup showed up on other ended page 'more to the right' under that pages format column.

Why they didn't just say 'we're removing the ...'

And as we have never had any 'orders' on ebay, but have sold a bunch of things, we call it the sold list.

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

I saw it on the active listing page.........but have no auctions...........checking the customize page, I did have format checked to show...  but no column showed.  Did do an off/then on for it but never appeared.....whether because they won't show it or because I don't have any to show, don't know.     If I had auctions going, I'd probably want it there........

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

@steve_stuff 

"Why they didn't just say 'we're removing the ...'"

What threw me was the phrase "Message for Deprecation".

Really?

Even after I looked up the word "deprecation," I still wound up scratching my head in wonder:

deprecation noun [U] (DISAPPROVAL)

the action of not approving of something or saying that you do not approve of something: She couldn't hide the deprecation in her voice. The barman shook his head in deprecation. See. deprecate.

I guess one of the eBay techies bought a thesaurus.

Wouldn't a better choice of words caused less confusion?

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

In software development terms, 'depreciation' means a feature is being removed / obsoleted. Since this is a public-facing site they should use friendlier language. 

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

@skate_508 wrote:

In software development terms, 'depreciation' means a feature is being removed / obsoleted.

That definition does fit "deprecation" but not "depreciation." Tell your auto-correct to mind its own business. 😄

@skate_508 wrote:

Since this is a public-facing site they should use friendlier language. 

I suspect that someone sent an email to someone else, asking them to come up with wording for that popup message, and they responded ("The format column will be removed to simplify the page."). "Message for deprecation" sounds like the Subject line of their email exchange, which of course someone then went and typed into the popup along with everything else.

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

As my father would say - 'A little birdie told me' that the next thing on the list to fix is the 'columns resetting to the default settings after updating turbo lister' one.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

I guess sales are slow for y'all too!

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

"Do Not "X" it out ... deleted"

Did the 'x' on scheduled page - Top listing changed but total count didn't - it just resorted and grouped the format column to fixed first then auctions.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Ha! Good catch, I totally glazed right over the typo.

Message 15 of 21
latest reply