cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Scam from international sellers (china)

Some ebay seller are advertising items from China with a USA shipping address. "ships from the USA". Twice in 3 days I ordered an item from different sellers illustrating several in stock items shipping from Calif at the time of purchase. THE NEXT DAY I get an email stating item is not in stock and can I wait for new shipment arriving in weeks.  The last time, the seller took it upon herself to just cancel my order for no reason. Seller named "somethingspecial". No way to report this as ebay has gone backwards in customer service. I'm done with ebay until they have a process to report this kind of fraudulent activity. Anyone from ebay customer service monitoring this forum ?... I didn't think so. 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Another Scam from international sellers (china)

There is a method in place to report item location misrepresentation. First go to the Report Item button on the listing. The next page that comes up will have three drop-down boxes. The first one is Report Category, select "Listing Practices". The next box is Reason For Report and select "Other Listing Practices". Then the last drop down box is entitled Detailed Reason and here you will select "Item Location Misrepresentation". Then click on Continue, there is a box for you to make a brief note to eBay. Then click Submit and it will send the report to the right team. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

This is a classic sign the seller is drop shipping. Especially out of stock or orders cancelled is a sign they don't own the stock. If its the same item the different sellers all in USA simply copy the other sellers listings but don't hold the item themselves. They get the sale from you then realize their source in China is out of stock. eBay is supposed to be stamping these sellers out so report them via eBay email in contact.  Item location if not actual is against policy.

One key give away of a drop shipper sellers is something with a long transit time. Simply avoid those sellers and look for ones with faster despatch times.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

i noticed that too thats why i stopped buying on here. Got tired of the deception. Its way to hard to find US sellers who actually ship from the US. Alot of times if you click on the sellers feedback and look under their user Id at the top it will show they are really in china. And I also look at their feedback to see what other buyers have said because alot of times in the feedback they will mention the seller is really from China. I really wish ebay would stop this cause i would really like to support US sellers If i could actually find them on here :(.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Then you say "No, I don't want to wait that long" and voila, seller cancels as "buyer requested". No defect for them.
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Tried to report this via your suggested method numerous times prior to this message. The useless ebay automated system repeatedly rejects the sellers name/ID as invalid. Tried countless times. No way to fix this.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I tried to avoid. This seller (ID sweetlovercompany)  & seller (ID somethingspecial)  both advertising several items in stock shipping from a city in California.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

"Then you say "No, I don't want to wait that long" and voila, seller cancels as "buyer requested". No defect for them. "

Yup, and meantime while your tied up with the shister, a legit sellers item you could have bought is sold out. long gone. Been there done that.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

"There is a method in place to report item location misrepresentation. First go to the Report Item button on the listing. The next page that comes up will have three drop-down boxes. The first one is Report Category, select "Listing Practices". The next box is Reason For Report and select "Other Listing Practices". Then the last drop down box is entitled Detailed Reason and here you will select "Item Location Misrepresentation". Then click on Continue, there is a box for you to make a brief note to eBay. Then click Submit and it will send the report to the right team. "

Tried to report this via your suggested method numerous times prior to this message. The useless ebay automated system repeatedly rejects the sellers name/ID as invalid. Tried countless times. No way to fix this.

Add Tags...
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Why don't you look at their feedback and county of origin before you buy?
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@chieft123 wrote:

Some ebay seller are advertising items from China with a USA shipping address. "ships from the USA". Twice in 3 days I ordered an item from different sellers illustrating several in stock items shipping from Calif at the time of purchase. THE NEXT DAY I get an email stating item is not in stock and can I wait for new shipment arriving in weeks.  The last time, the seller took it upon herself to just cancel my order for no reason. Seller named "somethingspecial". No way to report this as ebay has gone backwards in customer service. I'm done with ebay until they have a process to report this kind of fraudulent activity. Anyone from ebay customer service monitoring this forum ?... I didn't think so. 

Is it a "scam" if the same thing happens with US based sellers who hold all their inventory in the US?

I ask because the only times (twice) that a seller has been "out of stock" on something I bought it was definitely a US seller.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply