cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An eBay listing fix that would be helpful to all sellers.

Good Morning, hope you're all keeping warm.

This has been really an issue lately. If something is $24.95 why does the eBay app start best offer at $4.00?  This is an extra step that is easily adjusted by the format. Please consider making it at the lowest 50% off.  Every item listed, if you click "Best offer" now starts at $3 or $4?? 

Now I do realize we can adjust this, but if you do not. You get offers for  $24.00 item starting at $4.00 and then they run out the 4 offers. (You even state its the lowest price, say $21) they just keep lowballing.

We have had 8 different ones this week.

Some may like all the haggle but, we are all trying to make a profit. 

Please fix this step for the sellers.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@frecklesfinery88 

Hi!

I believe this is what's happening.  See my screenshot:

screenshot.jpg

Ebay was nice enough to automatically check these options off for you.  They did it to me and several others as well.  Click the "See all options" there at the top right hand of your listings.  Slide them to the left and you'll turn off all those options you don't want.  Do it to all of your listings.  I realize this may take some time, but if it's not your preferred selling platform, turn them off.  Keep an eye on them as well. 

eBay needs to be a bit more transparent with these magical options that continue to upset a sellers selling features that they don't choose.  

Good luck to you and Happy Selling!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

You need not use Make An Offer. If you do, it is not unreasonable for you to enter the minimum to consider and the amount to accept automatically.

Any number suggested, like the 50% you suggest would be unacceptable to some sellers.

50% is viewed as insulting by some sellers including me.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Another option is to choose an auto-reject amount in b.o. listings. Then if a buyer offers too low an amount, you won't even have to look at it. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Well, we have gotten 8in the last few days that want a 90% discount. How does that set with you?? My daughter and I have never had this. It is totally insulting and a total waist of our time as well.

Thanks

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Haven't sold here for many years, so have to ask some questions, like is the seller not totally in control of his pricing? And can the seller not set his listings to automatically reject an offer that's lower than he wants? 

And isn't it possible for a seller to totally ignore any offers? 

You have mentioned that you can adjust the amount you will take, so don't really understand what you see as an issue. 

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Determine the minimum amount you would consider and set your listings to auto reject anything below that.  You won't even see those low ball offers as they will be immediately rejected.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

@frecklesfinery88 

Hi!

I believe this is what's happening.  See my screenshot:

screenshot.jpg

Ebay was nice enough to automatically check these options off for you.  They did it to me and several others as well.  Click the "See all options" there at the top right hand of your listings.  Slide them to the left and you'll turn off all those options you don't want.  Do it to all of your listings.  I realize this may take some time, but if it's not your preferred selling platform, turn them off.  Keep an eye on them as well. 

eBay needs to be a bit more transparent with these magical options that continue to upset a sellers selling features that they don't choose.  

Good luck to you and Happy Selling!

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Once again, you are awesome. That is so helpful and we DID NOT know about this.  I will be working on this today. We Thank you for your help.  Hopefully it will be helpful to all our sellers.

Blessings on your day!

Mis

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

What I was referring to is the automatic $3 or $4 that comes up when you click on the best offer area. If you as the seller do not change the amount, then the buyer starts there as a price point for offers.

Yes, we can do many things, such as not do best offer. But, the majority of people make offers in our shop.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

I don't have offers accepted al all, I think it invites the ridiculousness.  Despite that, people still make offers anyway. Some I accept, most I don't. But I think by not having that checked, it cuts out the frivolous ones. At least most of them.

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Poshmark has lowest offer at 80% off original - eBay isn't the only one. I get some ridiculous offers over there.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 11 of 21
latest reply

@frecklesfinery88 

It is my pleasure to help you.  I'm a teacher and this is important to keep people informed.  24 degrees here in KC.  You keep warm and safe as well.

Happy Selling!

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

We don't accept offers until an item has been listed a few months. We still get messages with offers for many items that don't have offers turned on, yeah.  Occasionally we'll accept, usually I just tell them we're not accepting offers yet.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

@frecklesfinery88 wrote:

Well, we have gotten 8in the last few days that want a 90% discount. How does that set with you?? My daughter and I have never had this. It is totally insulting and a total waist of our time as well.

Thanks

I have always gotten some of those and they are auto-rejected.

When they come without Make An Offer, the buyer is blocked and I do not reply. That strikes me as equally insulting.

Usually, that portends another more rational buyer will be coming along soon and pay the asking price because the listing is being seen.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

I don't take any of this personally so can't feel insulted. People are just people KWIM - not always rational lol.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 15 of 21
latest reply