cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I crazy or what?

So, I pay attention when odd things happen and I'm not sure if I'm crazy or what but..

I've noticed that when I have a flood of feedback my sales boom. As soon as my feedback received grinds to a halt over a weeks time my sales do the same. So I've payed attention and logged this phenomenon. 

On three separate occasions over the past two months I've recieved 10+ feedback over a two day span (I find people leaving less and less feedback these days) and during those days I have a $500 + day selling 10 or more items all within few hours. Then its crickets, a sale here or there. Then it happens again. It's like this across all of my other accounts, all different items per account. So I know when I see the feedback floodgates open I'm about to have a great day.

The weirdest thing about this phenomenon is.. it will be a bunch of the same category items. For instance, I'll sell 5 straight t shirts, 5 straight dress shirts etc. In January sold 7 straight basketball jerseys even though I only had 8 listed. Some had been listed for over a year. I mean what's the odds? These all come within a very short period of time too, like 4 hours of the day. Its like this for my other accounts too, all different items.

And finally, the disappearing item. I'll list something and try to find it under another account. For instance I'll search nirvana heart shaped box t shirt under my electronics account and I cant find it. I'll wait a few days and there it is. Wait a few more days and poof it's nowhere in the search results. I've found with some items I've tried to find that I have to copy and paste the title word for word to see it and during those times that particular item gets literally no views. Then all of a sudden it gets 50 views and 5 watchers in one day. These aren't newly listed items either so it's not a , they just haven't made it into the system yet type thing.

I've also had buyers ask me if I have more of a particular item but when I say yes it's so and so they cant find it. I have to email item numbers to buyers who claim they cant find the item I'm referring to. I dont get it.

I just find these things very, very odd. Anyone else ever notice these things?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Am I crazy or what?

I like to use math to figure things out,it looks like you have sold 10 items a week for the past 13 weeks or 137 items.In order to keep on getting sales my guess is that you will need to add 10 items a week.I think adding fresh listings is what its all about if you want to keep rolling.I have sold in person hundreds of times and am used to people asking me,do you have anything I havent seen in the last 10 days.

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Am I crazy or what?

This has been happening for a long time tho. Maybe since july of last year?  Haven't listed anything in clothing over the past month and a half due to coronafest. I'm consistently listing 50+ a week otherwise. It's not how much I've listed as what I've stated has happened recently twice under this account. All together I have a little over a thousand total listings. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Am I crazy or what?

I've really noticed it now since I  HAVEN'T listed any new clothing

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Am I crazy or what?

Research Improbability Theory. Lots of things happen in an improbable field when you are watching. This is why those in control don't actually watch what is really happening.  Sunglasses help. Welders goggles work better.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Am I crazy or what?

At the rate my sales are going I'm better off using beer goggles.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Am I crazy or what?

I got whiskey glasses.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply