cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I being paranoid?

I have a buyer who has 2 old feedbacks.

When I view "order details" the name of person on package is different than "order".

I google the address and it is a "truck wash" in the middle of nowhere in North Carolina.

I have no problem losing the items.

I don't want to get stuck again like last week with a "third party buyer" where an account gets hacked by someone...My account had no sales for 2 days last week of this situation because the buyer emailed me that they sent positive feedback.

Here's my question...Can I cancel sale without hurting my account? I have never done this before.NORTH CAROLINA.jpeg.

Here's where my items are going.

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Am I being paranoid?

Short answer? Yes.

Ship it.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley

View Best Answer in original post

Message 14 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Am I being paranoid?

Maybe the buyer works at that truck wash and prefers getting stuff sent there?

ETA:  Just reread your post and saw the notes about the two names.  How different are the two names?  Have you Googled those names to see if either one is connected to the truck wash?

Message 2 of 38
latest reply

Am I being paranoid?

Print the shipping label eBay sends you.  Mail your package.  You're protected.  I would question the sale only if it was a post-sale request by the buyer.

Message 3 of 38
latest reply

Am I being paranoid?

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

I don't want to get stuck again like last week with a "third party buyer" where an account gets hacked by someone...My account had no sales for 2 days last week of this situation because the buyer emailed me that they sent positive feedback.

I am confused by this.

Can you explain what happened in more detail?

Do you think the lack of sales for two days was related to the dispute over the hacked account?

Message 4 of 38
latest reply

Am I being paranoid?

One is an Asian professor and the other is a person who is listed at that address...not Asian.

Message 5 of 38
latest reply

Am I being paranoid?

Someone purchased an item from me. That person contacted eBay someone hacked their account and was using the account. That same person sent me an email stating they left me positive feedback. I got an email from eBay about this and eBay said my account is OK. I had no sales for 48 hours which has never happened before. Because that person emailed me to thank me I had no sales for 48 hours. The minute I got the eBay email was account was OK I started getting sales again. 

All I did was sell an item and the buyer emailed me thanking me. Because of buyer sending me an email I had no sales for 48 hours.

Message 6 of 38
latest reply

Am I being paranoid?

Can I cancel sale without hurting my account?

@12345jamesstamps 

You are required to ship to the address that eBay provides with the payment. If you don't use tracking, it won't matter anyway since you will be refunding for any INR claims.  

The only choices that do not result in a ding to your account are "problem with the buyer's address" or "buyer requested to  cancel".  

Keep in mind as well that "results" from a Google search with regards to a particular address/location can be years old. 

Message 7 of 38
latest reply

Am I being paranoid?

Thank you for doing your homework. Did you review all feedback history? Did you do a satellite view.? That seems to be more current than street view. I do both. 

Depending on the value of order, your research, and what you're willing to just take as a loss / risk, you might entertain signature required. 

Could the buyer be using an empty vacant address to snatch the package? This type of scam can be complicated. Possibly using stolen C.C. numbers or Gift card numbers. 

Experienced USPS carriers can identify those locations and will not deliver but that is no guarantee. 

You could also entertain sending the buyer a message and ask about their location and see how they respond. 

Message 8 of 38
latest reply

Am I being paranoid?

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

"Because that person emailed me to thank me I had no sales for 48 hours"

Coincidence is not causation.

Message 9 of 38
latest reply

Am I being paranoid?

Doesn't matter, sellers aren't meant to do fraud analysis.

Ship to the address on the order. The only time to question is its a post order address change.

Message 10 of 38
latest reply

Am I being paranoid?

I believe you can cancel with reason of 'issue with buyers address'. 

Message 11 of 38
latest reply

Am I being paranoid?

Signature required provides no extra protection.

It's only a rule required to maintain protections for orders 750+.

There is no risk of loss of money for chargeback of not recognized charge or didn't receive purchase. As long as there is delivered tracking to the address on the order.

Message 12 of 38
latest reply

Am I being paranoid?

Ship it to the address provided. Stop making things out of nothing. 

Message 13 of 38
latest reply

Am I being paranoid?

Short answer? Yes.

Ship it.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 14 of 38
latest reply

Am I being paranoid?

@heckofagame wrote:

Ship it to the address provided. Stop making things out of nothing. 

Exactly. Even scammers want to receive the package, after all (and I see nothing to suggest a scam in this case), and having two different names for buyer and recipient is not at all unusual. The fact that Google shows you a truck wash at that address means nothing. USPS will either make the delivery to the address on the label or return it to you.

If you have Delivery Confirmation tracking (or Signature Confirmation for a sale of $750 or higher) to the City and ZIP of the Ship To: address you received with the payment, you are protected from an Item Not Received dispute.

Message 15 of 38
latest reply