cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All selling in one spot - In the Seller's Hub

Okay all,

@powell-memorabilia   was awesome and gave a link to show a place in the seller's HUB where most of the things are shown in one place:

https://www.ebay.com/sh/allselling/listings#active_iframe

Do take a look and give honest  feedback here as to how this works for you.

If it works for you that's awesome and tell us about it.

If it does not work for you, say so and why.

I am not going to say anything here as I do not want to sway anyone's opinions or thoughts.  I want everyone to take a look and give it your own assessment.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: All selling in one spot - In the Seller's Hub

I wrote the post above very late last night so many may not have seen this.  I am hoping that people who have been using   the classic all selling page will take a look at the above link to an all selling version in the hub and give us some feedback as to if this works for you or not and a reason why it does (or not.)

Thank you all in advance for responding.

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

@hurryagain wrote:

@powell-memorabilia   was awesome and gave a link to show a place in the seller's HUB where most of the things are shown in one place:

No offense, but some of us have been directing sellers to the Active Listing page in the seller hub repeatedly every day for a week now. 

Most of our posts were dismissed out-of-hand or met with derision simply because we dared to suggest that people look at the seller hub. 

Nice to see someone eventually took the suggestion to heart and actually looked at the page without simply dismissing it 🙂

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

@luckythewinner 

I do want the selling page group to really take a look at the all selling hub and to give an honest assessment.  It may work for some...it may not...I would like to know if and why.  It would help to hear the why's behind the what.

For some, it may not work but I would like to get specifics as to why in regards to this specific page on the hub...nothing more than this one section because it is as close as the hub could get to the old all selling page in regards to the info.

I will not post my thoughts/opinions here until the end if any just because I do not want to sway others from giving their honest assessment.  I really want them to take a look at it and maybe/hopefully they will get back to me here for us all to understand.

I do not like the hub vs. page war that has happened.  I used BOTH the page and the hub for different reasons.  Both versions had things that I liked to use.

Let's hope that they come back with some feedback on the link...

...and yes, you can use up to 500 characters and even more here!  😁

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

I guess the silence is telling me that seller's just want their old all selling page back period.

They just don't like the format I guess.

...I just wish that everyone would look at the following page and say why this does not work.  I liked my old page too and would like it back.

https://www.ebay.com/sh/allselling/listings#active_iframe

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

The old real CLASSIC SELLER PAGE (not the junk "Active" one) looked like a professional web design. The new seller hub in the above link (which I have been using for a week now) looks like a first year programmers design....very UNINSPIRING. Is all the same info there....maybe. Maybe more info....if you want to make 5 clicks.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

I've had the seller hub view for a long while now, but I still use the old 'All selling' view.  It's nice to be able to see my 'Sold' stuff on the same page in the old view.  Really though, it comes down to me being set in my ways and not wanting to change if I don't have to.  The new view just doesn't seem to do anything useful that the old view doesn't already do.  As they say, 'if it ain't broke, don' t fix it'.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

I am set in my ways also...but if the change is good then I am all for it. This new Seller Page is just plain NOT better....

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

@hurryagain wrote:

I guess the silence is telling me that seller's just want their old all selling page back period.

Or, like on other threads, they refuse to even look at it because it has the dreaded "S.H." initials 🙄

I fully understand that the Seller Hub does not have "everything on one page" and that to move between Active Listings and Orders and Ended Listings you need to click once. 

But I honestly fail to see why that would make the Seller Hub an "abortion" or "diabolical" or "idiotic" or would cause someone to hate it so much that they would leave eBay. 

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@hurryagain wrote:

Or, like on other threads, they refuse to even look at it because it has the dreaded "S.H." initials 🙄

I fully understand that the Seller Hub does not have "everything on one page" and that to move between Active Listings and Orders and Ended Listings you need to click once. 

But I honestly fail to see why that would make the Seller Hub an "abortion" or "diabolical" or "idiotic" or would cause someone to hate it so much that they would leave eBay. 

@luckythewinner 

I would think that it is hard to deal with a step backwards when it comes to functionality.  I understand that the new code is being written for mobile users in mind and PC's as a poor cousin...it works for most buyers (unless you happen to be a large volume buyer) but I would think that most sellers who sell here full time - meaning having items for sale almost all of the time - are using PC/laptops and I will say that it is a mess from that end when compared to the old page.

I am hoping that the tech team can come up with a bit of a compromise when it comes to the selling page...will not have the same look unfortunately but perhaps will function alot like the old page. 

Leave the hub just the way it is.

Because the new page has such a similar feel as the hub, I am hoping that they can come up with something that will be workable to others.

@pcobra93 

@therogue-trader 

Thank you for your input. 

Everyone has their reasons for disliking one thing and or liking another.  To have an open non-conflicting discussion is the only way to try and find a resolve.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

@hurryagain wrote:

To have an open non-conflicting discussion is the only way to try and find a resolve.

IMHO eBay has made it pretty clear that the seller hub is their path forward.

No software team wants to maintain duplicate functionality in duplicate code bases. 

IMHO the reason the new page "has such a similar feel as the hub" is because eBay is trying to narrow the gap for the day when they drop it completely and move everyone to the seller hub. 

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@hurryagain wrote:

To have an open non-conflicting discussion is the only way to try and find a resolve.

IMHO eBay has made it pretty clear that the seller hub is their path forward.

No software team wants to maintain duplicate functionality in duplicate code bases. 

IMHO the reason the new page "has such a similar feel as the hub" is because eBay is trying to narrow the gap for the day when they drop it completely and move everyone to the seller hub. 

@luckythewinner 

Then all I will have to say is...oh well...

They did lose me as a large volume buyer b/c of the new purchase history layout.  I was not blowing smoke when I said that if they could not/would not at least allow us to see 100 items per page then I will stop buying in large volumes here and that is what I did.

All I was asking for was one teeny tiny compromise - 100 items/page view option (just an option) instead of only 25/page views with zero options to change it...It's not like I was asking for a total redesign or something.

Since the new PH page 25 items/page thing, my buying went down here $20K a year.  Really it did.  

How many more small buyers do they have to recruit to make up one of us large buyers? 

I guess they did not care and that is okay with me.  I found alternatives, and that is what happens when businesses do not listen to their customers...they find alternatives...

Not that I do not buy here anymore...I do...about 5-15% of the $ volume that I used to...when it comes to my buying, eBay became the poor second cousin.

I don't p*$$ & moan forever...I just move on...

...again...oh well...

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

@hurryagain   Well, ya got a thumbs up from me - I've been trying to steer people to the active tab, overview tab, etc., but starting an informational thread is better.  I can see being nonplussed because, maybe I missed it, but I didn't see much of an announcement that eBay was changing such a basic tool as the seller page, but the hysteria is just over the top in some cases.

The next pig in the python is the SYI form they're threatening to change which makes the seller page design look like genius coding.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 13 of 22
latest reply

@chapeau-noir 

Thank you for your post.  I just wanted to know and show where everyone is coming from.  Every seller is different but we all have some things in common.

For me personally, I can work with both the hub & the new page but to be honest, if I were a larger seller, I think that my response/attitude would be over the top.  To do something this radical without warning is just simply nuts. 

There really should have been a big loud shout out from eBay about such a big change...if they can make all other kinds of announcements of little consequence like increasing the character limit for feedback, they could have made one about this.

Things are crazy...covid is still around and nerves are frayed I'm sure...this rollout without warning was not helpful.

"The next pig in the python is the SYI form they're threatening to change which makes the seller page design look like genius coding."

...OMG...I'm afraid to ask...  😱

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Interesting that link takes me to the active selling page I have been seeing and using for years.  Been on the hub since the start. I get there and everywhere else I need to go through the seller hub. Couldn't even remember any other format till I seen A post to click my eBay selling. Clicked on and thought this looks goofy who'd want to use this. LOL. I guess it's more what your used to and not liking change. 

Message 15 of 22
latest reply