cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All invoicing seems to be down.

Is anyone else having trouble invoicing?  I just tried sending one for 24 items.  That wouldn't work, then tried sending one for 2 and that won't go through. 

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Thank you for posting this.  I have been trying to send an invoice for combined shipping of 3 items to a buyer from my eBay Store for the last hour and keep getting a red bar "Something went wrong. Please try again later."  And I have tried many times in the past hour.  I have two such invoice requests from customers and can't do anything.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

They have had ongoing issues with large orders, at  near or over the 40 item limit.  That has been for over 6 months with no resolution.  This new one that seems to affect everything,  I just discovered right before posting,  with 3 invoices to send and a 4th that may or may not have sent. 

It's really frustrating as now you waste a bunch of time communicating with the buyer.  A couple of years ago,  I could send multiple invoices to one person for 100 items and they all went right through back to back.  

Seems changes keep being made no one wants and they have a ripple affect through the rest of ebay creating problems everywhere. 

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

My one customer just paid,  so according to him,  the buyer may be able to go into ebay and go to their checkout page.  It may have the right total on there if you tried sending the invoicing and got the red bar.   You just have to be sure they make sure the shipping amount is correct.  

This may be hard to explain to a customer but it is a work around this customer actually found out a week ago and has been using on the larger orders since. 

If you go into your selling / sold items and put the person's name or ID in and search items by them,  it will show if the invoice might have sent or is part way sent so they can go to check out.  It will have them grouped together with the total.  It's worth a try if they don't get it fixed soon. 

Good luck.  Getting sick here having to find work arounds for problems they keep creating. 

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Like you I am spending about 50% of my effort on trying to find work arounds instead of being focused on selling.

Every time I try to send an invoice out the system bombs out and tells me they are sorry it bombed out try again, but apparently the customer was getting an invoice. 

Like the education software people who like to do switcharoo on little kids while they are online to see how the kids react to things that suddenly don't work like they are supposed to, they are playing with us to see how little service they can actually provide.  

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Hello,

I just got off the phone with EBAY customer support.  I was told they were working on the problem. I was also told to check at the END of the day!!!  UGH!!!!!

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@cinema_visions wrote:

Thank you for posting this.  I have been trying to send an invoice for combined shipping of 3 items to a buyer from my eBay Store for the last hour and keep getting a red bar "Something went wrong. Please try again later."  And I have tried many times in the past hour.  I have two such invoice requests from customers and can't do anything.

This stuff happens all the time. I got this problem this morning with 8 items. I get this issue on a regular basis and no one cares to fix it.

What I have found is that the items do combine with your specified shipping in my eBay in their Purchase History, and they can pay. I sent my buyer a message this morning to explain the problem with sending an invoice, and instructed him to go to Purchase History to pay. (He shouldn't have to, but as sellers we do want to be paid when sell stuff).

C.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@randyshotrods wrote:

They have had ongoing issues with large orders, at  near or over the 40 item limit.  That has been for over 6 months with no resolution.  This new one that seems to affect everything,  I just discovered right before posting,  with 3 invoices to send and a 4th that may or may not have sent. 

It's really frustrating as now you waste a bunch of time communicating with the buyer.  A couple of years ago,  I could send multiple invoices to one person for 100 items and they all went right through back to back.  

Seems changes keep being made no one wants and they have a ripple affect through the rest of ebay creating problems everywhere. 

Not 6 months... try 7 years. I reported this issue in 2015 and was assured the tech team would investigate. I report it on a regular basis because I have issues invoicing over 40 things (someone posted a workaround, but eBay redirected the link from invoicing to their main page so I can buy stuff, how nice is that). CSRs are shocked when I tell them my customers have problems paying for stuff.

I do token and coin auctions regularly and have customers who buy 40+ things every week. They have to pay their first invoice before I can send the second one.

C.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@deltilogical wrote:

Like you I am spending about 50% of my effort on trying to find work arounds instead of being focused on selling.

Every time I try to send an invoice out the system bombs out and tells me they are sorry it bombed out try again, but apparently the customer was getting an invoice. 

Like the education software people who like to do switcharoo on little kids while they are online to see how the kids react to things that suddenly don't work like they are supposed to, they are playing with us to see how little service they can actually provide.  

My customers said they didn't get the invoice, but they were able to pay in Purchase History because the items combine on eBay even if there's no email to the customer to pay.

C.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@comrade666 wrote:

Hello,

I just got off the phone with EBAY customer support.  I was told they were working on the problem. I was also told to check at the END of the day!!!  UGH!!!!!

They were working on the problem in 2015 when I called about it the first time, I was told it's a known issue and it would be fixed soon.

Seven years later, it's still not fixed.

C.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

The real issue is that we have to find the work arounds and do the extra work to make ebay successful.  If it wasn't for our diligence ebay would be alot worse than it is.  For that we get fees raised and perks dropped.   Whatever happened to ebay bucks.  It wasn't much but a little something. 

A little friendly competition would be welcome right now.   I can't believe no one else has come along to try to get a little of the cheese. Last competition they had was I think Yahoo or some other big companies auctions and that was nearly  20 years ago. 

I also hate being dinged for holding customers paid items to ship all together because I didn't ship them out right away.  We provide better service and get dinged for it. 

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

IDK if this affected non-large quantity invoices.  But given the title, I thought I'd report that I was just able to send an invoice with no problems at all.  

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

It appears the small stuff is now working.  Haven't tried to send any large ones yet. 

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

eBay made some changes on June 23 that are preventing invoices in certain situations. Here's what they had to say about it:

The items sellers are reporting are considered "Autopay" which prevents an invoice being sent.

Autopay would be considered something like Immediate payment being required in listings. So for auctions, that would come into play if the seller used the 'Require immediate payment when buyer uses the Buy It Now' feature. It sounds like they are looking to find a way to improve the member experience though, so that's good to see.

A quick call out I want to make if sellers aren't requiring immediate payment, is to double check their shipping preferences to ensure they've checked the box to, "Allow buyers to send one combined payment for all items purchased."

The option to allow buyers to combine payments is a setting on this page. If you select anything longer than 3 days it can affect any automatic unpaid item settings you have in place on this page.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

No comment on the invoicing issue.

But a huge congratulations if you sold 24 items!  😀  LOL 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 15 of 15
latest reply