cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on increasing sales.

Sales had been slowing down since 2015 or so, but I sold something in June, so I am lucky.

So, any advice on how to increase sales? Sales are usually slow to me.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Well I can't even find your pillows in search. Concentrate and changing your titles - 1st 4 keywords are the most important Pokeman Dragonaire Throw Pillow

The put up more pictures of the items - you only have one. If they are in your possession - take pics of the item on a bed next to a reg pillow or on a couch next to a rewgular throw pillow so people can see the size of them. Put the dimensions in your title. 

Put the material in your listing and item specifics. It's a basic generic listing that dropshippers use. Also your prices are high. The only way I got them to come up in search was by searching for the artist. Not sure how popular she is in the anime world - but you might list them as Dragonaire Pokeman Pillow Ganene K 

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Thanks for the advice!

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Do you have or need a licensing agreement for those Pokemon items?

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

The only real way to increase your sales is to increase the number of items you have for sale.

On ebay everything else is no longer up to you.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

My only sales are when newly listed. After a couple of days everything unsold gets buried deep. Sometimes I'll copy/paste into fresh new listings and they get seen again, but that is very time consuming and honestly, why should we have to do that?

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I think I know that. Thanks!

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@ganenetheinkling wrote:

I think I know that. Thanks!

You asked, I told.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Four ways I can improve my eBay sales:

-Fix the keywords

-Add more pictures

-Add more item specifics

-Add more items I have for sale.

I can try..

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@ganenetheinkling wrote:

Four ways I can improve my eBay sales:

-Fix the keywords

-Add more pictures

-Add more item specifics

-Add more items I have for sale.

I can try..

Maybe try running a sale or using promoted listings. If your prices are high compared to other sellers, marking your items down by even a small percentage may help boost you in search.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Well, I've listed a few Pokemon items this year, and for the most part there just isn't that much of a market for them unless they are vintage and rare.    Plus I don't know how many people are going to spend $35 for a throw pillow of any kind. 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

It may be that the market has just reached its end run.  There are so many non-name brand products available from China. Domestic handmade just might be priced out of the market. 

Possibly its time to consider a different line to sell.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I sell a lot of Pokemon cards. Dragonair is not a popular pokemon so it's going to be hard to sell that pillow for high dollar.  I saw there are a lot of pokemon pillows that sold for $10-$13, mostly from China sellers. It's very hard to compete with China sellers, so it's probably best not to sell those. Nothing you can do about it due China being able to ship items to America for much lesser than you can to your own country. China sellers can ship the same pillow for like 80 cents to anywhere in USA, but it'll cost you a lot more money to ship. Probably best to sell something else.

China sells counterfeit Pokemon cards too, but many card collectors already know how to tell a counterfeit from a real card. So this doesn't affect me as much.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply