cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account information - what needs to match? SO FRUSTRATED!!

Going on a month of ebay not being able to verify my identity - so account restricted. 

SO - what names need to match???

This all started because I got married a few months ago and I changed my SS Card, but that was the only thing I changed. My license and bank account were still under maiden name. 

I now have changed my name on bank account and got a new drivers license, I uploaded it front and back in color to eBay. 

My bank account only has FIRST LAST name

My license and SS both have FIRST MAIDEN LAST name

What needs to match? My registered name on ebay and my bank account? Or does it all need to match my license??

Of course chat is not help, or call back. I have tried ebay for business on twitter and facebook and I am BEYOND frustrated at this point! 

Can someone, anyone, PLEASE help?!?!

Lisa

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Everything has to match. I'm surprised the CS agents on ebay for business in facebook didn't stress that point to you. Once everything matches, you should be OK! 🙏

Hang in there!!!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Everything needs to match.

Absolutely everything.

eBay account, bank account, everything has to have the exact same name.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Your name has to match exactly on everything they ask for.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@one_blessed_mama wrote:

Going on a month of ebay not being able to verify my identity - so account restricted. 

SO - what names need to match???

This all started because I got married a few months ago and I changed my SS Card, but that was the only thing I changed. My license and bank account were still under maiden name. 

I now have changed my name on bank account and got a new drivers license, I uploaded it front and back in color to eBay. 

My bank account only has FIRST LAST name

My license and SS both have FIRST MAIDEN LAST name

What needs to match? My registered name on ebay and my bank account? Or does it all need to match my license??

Of course chat is not help, or call back. I have tried ebay for business on twitter and facebook and I am BEYOND frustrated at this point! 

Can someone, anyone, PLEASE help?!?!

Lisa

Update your bank account to match your SS card and license, and make sure your name on eBay matches that.

C.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

thanks! 

My bank info has already been verified - its my identity that hasn’t been confirmed...do you still think updating the name with bank will help it go thru? 

Also - do I need to resubmit my license after I get the bank account name changed?

THANK YOU SO SO MUCH! 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Everything has to match. I'm surprised the CS agents on ebay for business in facebook didn't stress that point to you. Once everything matches, you should be OK! 🙏

Hang in there!!!

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

thank you! after I update bank account name do I need to upload a copy of my license again?

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

no, no one has given me any specifics!!

will I need to re upload pics of my license after I get my bank account name updated??

THANK YOU!!

Lisa 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Yes, definitely re-upload the updated license & bank account statement showing the updated name. Once you upload the updated files, then reach out to the ebay CS agents on ebay for business in facebook to confirm that everything looks OK. Don't forget to re-upload the front & back side of the new driver's license. 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Thank you!

do you think i need to disconnect and reconnect my bank account again also?

it has already been confirmed/verified 

or just change my name to match and reupload documents ?

Also - in my account info on eBay - should my first and middle (maiden) name both  go in the first name spot? I saw someone say they had to do this…..

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I strongly recommend also sending a copy of your marriage license, making sure it shows your maiden and married name.  Otherwise they might start thinking a chance of name on official docs is fishy.  Yeah, I know they should realize this happens all the time, but... Don't take the chance.  🙂

Congrats on getting married.  Sorry it's causing you trouble here.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Ok… everything is done and re uploaded…..

now I just wait? I just messaged EFB on Facebook - will it take 3 days for them to verify everything? I’m assuming i will get a message when/if I pass? 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply