cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepting a higher bid from buyer when you sent a lower amount to a different buyer still open.

I just want to be sure I can accept a higher bid from a buyer when I sent a counter offer to a different buyer and he hasn't accepted and there is an hour left on both.  Many thanks to anyone that answers. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Accepting a higher bid from buyer when you sent a lower amount to a different buyer still open.

You are not obligated until the buyer accepts your offer.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@maddy5529 wrote:

I just want to be sure I can accept a higher bid from a buyer when I sent a counter offer to a different buyer and he hasn't accepted and there is an hour left on both.  Many thanks to anyone that answers. 

It's First Come, First Served. It doesn't matter in what order you sent out your offers; it's the first one to accept and pay who gets it.

P.S. I think I should clarify that... You talked about accepting a higher bid from a buyer, but I assume you mean an offer. You have some auctions going, and if someone plugs in an actual bid, that's his commitment to pay if he wins the auction. What I'm addressing is a Make Offer situation.

If it comes to you accepting an offer from a prospective buyer, that will lock him in as the buyer, although whether you actually get paid on the spot depends on whether you have that option activated at the bottom of your Buyer Management page.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply