cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About That Kick-Ass Promotion...

Might have worked.  Amazon is down and out on Prime Day and they are being lambasted across the media.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: About That Kick-Ass Promotion...

Oh I hope not.

My daughter is moving cross country, and needs so much for her first apartment.

Our prime card is "primed" and ready to shop. 

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

According to CNET:

"Note that we're already hearing reports (and seeing for ourselves) that Amazon's site is having issues under the crushing load of shoppers. Some deals have already sold out, and some shoppers are experiencing technical difficulties and dead links."

I can attest to the technical difficulties and dead links.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

I just returned from vacation and have a lot of inventory work to do but am dead in the water since I do a lot of comparing prices with Amazon when re-listing my books. Their seller central is down.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

So, here's me venting about a pet peeve I have about Amazon: I just went over there to check out Prime Days (although they rarely offer anything I'm interested in). I decided to look at their "AmazonBasics," whatever those are, and it pulled up a list of 1 - 16 of 74 items. Therein lies my complaint: I have never seen a page listing where I can choose to see any more items on one screen than Amazon wants to show me. On eBay, I can look at as many as 200 items on one screen.

C'mon, Amazon, catch up!

Although they did have a good price on an "AmazonBasics Cornhole Set," whatever that is . . .although, I don't think I want to know.
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

I also saw that Amazon workers chose Prime Day to go on strike.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Cornhole is a game that features a large wooden board with holes cut in it.

You get bags filled with beans, or something, and you toss the bags, trying to get them to fall into the hole.

Think like horseshoes.

I can tell you, it is not as easy as it looks or sounds.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@pburn wrote:
. Therein lies my complaint: I have never seen a page listing where I can choose to see any more items on one screen than Amazon wants to show me. On eBay, I can look at as many as 200 items on one screen.

That would be my complaint too about Amazon.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

According to CNET:

"Note that we're already hearing reports (and seeing for ourselves) that Amazon's site is having issues under the crushing load of shoppers. Some deals have already sold out, and some shoppers are experiencing technical difficulties and dead links."

I can attest to the technical difficulties and dead links.

Maybe eBay hired some Russians to do the hacking and that's what they meant by their "Kick-Ass" promotion...  😉

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

You get bags filled with beans, or something, and you toss the bags, trying to get them to fall into the hole.

Think like horseshoes.

Love that game.  We have it and played it on the 4th.  Not easy for lefties, though.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@pburn wrote:
So, here's me venting about a pet peeve I have about Amazon: I just went over there to check out Prime Days (although they rarely offer anything I'm interested in). I decided to look at their "AmazonBasics," whatever those are, and it pulled up a list of 1 - 16 of 74 items. Therein lies my complaint: I have never seen a page listing where I can choose to see any more items on one screen than Amazon wants to show me. On eBay, I can look at as many as 200 items on one screen.

C'mon, Amazon, catch up!

Although they did have a good price on an "AmazonBasics Cornhole Set," whatever that is . . .although, I don't think I want to know.

I agree, being able to see more is definitely an advantage.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

Think like horseshoes.

Love that game.  We have it and played it on the 4th.  Not easy for lefties, though.

I played it several years ago at a barbecue.  I thought it wouldn't be hard.

I found out otherwise.  Again, not as easy as it looks!

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

Think like horseshoes.

I played it several years ago at a barbecue.  It doesn't look hard, but...

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

I read online that Amazon workers chose today to go on strike.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

😂

Message 15 of 17
latest reply