cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABOUT TO BECOME HOMELESS... WORST VIEW COUNTS EVER = LOW SALES

Help??  Please look at my Store and tell me if i'm doing something wrong all of sudden?  Sales drop 75% last few months. Selling 10yrs I know the ups and downs, but nothing this bad.  Ebay has finally broke me with all the constant site changes.  After 10yrs of making a decent living on ebay.  I'm about to loose everything.  Appears It's my turn on Ebays TRS hit list like other sellers over the years to go from great sales to out of business. For no reason.  It's seems the more I try and liquidate the worst things get with view counts dropping.  I know things change and fluctuate from time to time.  I'ts like all sudden Ebay Search has block my items and Store is being punished for some reason.  All the Ebay Service Depts keep telling me eveything is fine with the site and my store..  I never has so many listings drop from  20-200 views, to 0-10 views. .99 - 19.99 auctions No Views and No Bids l I've always mixed it up on ebay BIN, Make Offer, Auctions 3, 5, 7, 10, 30 days.  I've tried everything Auctions Markdowns. Slashed Priced. 

Message 1 of 102
latest reply
101 REPLIES 101

Re: ABOUT TO BECOME HOMELESS... WORST VIEW COUNTS EVER = LOW SALES

I don't know what your are planning to do but if I was about to go homeless I would find a job quick. Use Ebay as a secondary source of income.

Message 16 of 102
latest reply

Being a vintage/antique junkie, I would gladly buy a lot of your stuff and have at my local flea mall.  What other posters have said is true.  The shipping is killing you, tho coke bottle just looks tacky in the pictures, and your items aren't appealling to the people that order everything which would be my generation.  Also, your titles and descriptions need help.  I would honestly just take most of that to a flea market and rent a booth.  You will attract the right buyers there.

Message 17 of 102
latest reply

I've found using the Coca Cola Can helps give buys perspective on scale of item. Sure has helped cut down the number of emails questions from buyers that don't read full description with measurements already there.
Message 18 of 102
latest reply

@nightsky4me wrote:
I've found using the Coca Cola Can helps give buys perspective on scale of item. Sure has helped cut down the number of emails questions from buyers that don't read full description with measurements already there.

Me too. 

I had a big red donut from someone who said they didn't know size even tho I had listed measurements and always have it in my pics of collectibles. 

KayKeeCorp
Grand Ultimate Supreme
Message 19 of 102
latest reply

Those are my only negs and neut.  in 10yrs.  Both items can from same estate and I didn't smell any smoke. And I don't smoke.

Message 20 of 102
latest reply

@nightsky4me wrote:

Those are my only negs and neut.  in 10yrs.  Both items can from same estate and I didn't smell any smoke. And I don't smoke.

I see that several have commented on the shipping costs and I agree, they probably are a turn off for customers. It is much better to factor in the price to reduce your shipping costs than ramp them up. 

Sales have become very tight these days on eBay, but I can see that you are still getting sales. Maybe look at changing those shipping costs. Throw in a few low items....something you won't lose a lot of money on. Anything to bring a customer into the store helps.

I mainly sell jewelry but I also throw in paintings, silver, popular porcelains....even some strange stuff just to try and bring in new customers.

All the best

Ann

Message 21 of 102
latest reply

Well you sold the tole lamp to somebody so congrats, another sale today! 

Looking at your solds there's a lot more that's trendy right now that what you currently have listed. Love the pedal car and the Russel Wright patio furniture. 

You're doing good for ebay actually. It's summer and ebay is always slower this time of year. 

Message 22 of 102
latest reply

@ersatz_sobriquet wrote:

Looking at your solds there's a lot more that's trendy right now that what you currently have listed. Love the pedal car and the Russel Wright patio furniture. 

You're doing good for ebay actually. It's summer and ebay is always slower this time of year. 

These repop pedal cars are what destroyed the original pedal car market.

Start with your medium priced stuff and pawn it.

If you are happy with the pawn shop prices, pawn higher value things.

Consignment stores take too long if you are about to lose your home.

Your best items would do best in an auction. Remember that you will have consignor fees there which may run 20-25%. Ask about Reserves.

Lot up your low value items and sell them as wholesale lots.

If you are not already on social assistance of some sort, talk to your municipal councillor's office about getting financial help. This is the kind of situation it was designed for.

Message 24 of 102
latest reply

It can't be you. Ebay simply hasn't been working well for the last few months.

I'm not a collectibles person. (Hate to dust.)  But when I saw your gargoyle and typewriter, I knew I had to speak up.

That underwood typewriter is worth a lot more. A couple  of them sold for $1000 more because they had a warranty. How would one go about getting  warranty? I have no idea.

Your gargoyle rang some vintage ancient history bells. (It's huge and no one can tell. If a coke can is tacky, what is classy? A beer? Maybe a really expensive German beer.)

Anyway, it was made in '94. Go find the artist. You are on the internet. Find her. Ask her.

It looks like Set to me, possibly:

Anubis

Usually depicted with the lithe brown body of a man and the pointy-eared, narrow-muzzled head of a jackal — but sometimes as a full jackal, from nose to tail — Anubis was the ancient Egyptian god of mummification and of the dead, whom he protected en route to the afterlife.

Message 25 of 102
latest reply

@d-k_treasures wrote:

@ersatz_sobriquet wrote:

These repop pedal cars are what destroyed the original pedal car market.

Didn't even take that good of a look at it, d-k. 

Message 26 of 102
latest reply

Before someone slams me for it:

I just realised that "94" might be a lot number. Anyway, I stand by my advice to hunt down the artist. 

I know I would be flattered.

Message 27 of 102
latest reply

OP, 

Your seller dashboard will tell you how many sales you have had over the last 12 months. 

I see that in the last 90 days you have been averaging about 1 sale a day, and have received about 45 feedback (roughly a 50% feedback rate). 

Using that same feedback rate and the 241 feedback you have received in the last 12 months, I would estimate that your sales for the last 12 months were about 485 items, or about 1.3 per day.

How close am I?

Message 28 of 102
latest reply

First I'd say what everyone else has said,

You have nice items with good titles, pictures and descriptions.

I too find the coke can weird.

I would consider putting together a cheap backdrop with something like a 2' x 2' cardstock with a marked (printed) ruler on it. Something that marries better with your nice items.

I also thought your prices are really good/too low.  And I have no concept of the values for your goods.

Ebay is weird. Sometimes buyers avoid the enigma item, the one that cheaper than all the other search results.  I don't use it, but may the make an offer option with slightly higher prices is an option.

Whenever I have had a worry about an item I am selling I work to drive traffic to my auction. Like when I sold some transistor radios I bought at an estate sale. I searched the web and found several forums for radio collectors where I posted polite links to my auctions. I did the same for some vintage computer equipment and again for 8 x 10 camera equipment. Every time has resulted in people from those forum groups winning my auctions.

Have you considered running true auctions with $1 start? As a buyer I am more attracted to real auctions. I know we all have minimals we want to take for items and $1 starts can have good or bad results. Just spitballing here.

Lastly, you could consider adding a more positive paragraph at the end of your listings. Its not really negative, but its not value adding if you will.  I understand the reasons for you posting those terms, but it might be a little off putting. I'm not saying remove them, but maybe a more positive paragraph that entices sales. Something like "I happily discount shipping for buyers who purchase multiuple items. Returning customer? Please contact me and you will receive a dicount off your next purchase. Thank you for visiting.

All so some formating a bit would be good. And its free.

That said, I wish you luck and success.

Message 29 of 102
latest reply

I forgot something.

I see you are using a listing program with a theme. When you do that do you get a chance to put item specifics like when you sell an item just using E-bays Sell tool on the site (date, country of manufacture, etc.)? I might be out of my depth here, but I am going to guess you don't. I think that is impacting the SEO for your auctions. Someone will have to confirm. I may be wrong on this.

Message 30 of 102
latest reply