cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A seller needs assistance

This is a first occasion situation for me and I am at a loss as to how to proceed.

I sold a DVD to a buyer in Las Vegas, New Mexico that was sent to Fla. and continued to loop in that state. Postal workers in my hometown, on the phone and in the buyer's city have attempted to move the item to the buyer. As it has now been in excess of a month, my buyer, who has been ultra understanding, desires his money be returned. Please share the steps for me to take.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: A seller needs assistance

Instruct the buyer to go to their purchase history, find the item in question, select "More Actions" and then "I didn't receive it" From there the buyer will proceed to open an Item Not Received claim, once that is open you can refund in full.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

At this point just refund his money as there is not much you can do.  In the end the buyer will probably get a free DVD but if the buyer has ben this understanding to date there is a chance the buyer will pay you if the DVD shows up.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I would just refund and it'll keep you from getting an INR ding on your account.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@kabilab 

Yup good Ole Florida,  the DVD went there for spring break! Good advice given already, it happened to me only worse but I paid seller via check when it finally came, maybe your buyer will do the same 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Your buyer is in Las Vegas, NM? I thought Vegas was in Nevada?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@toomuchstuffagain35 wrote:

Your buyer is in Las Vegas, NM? I thought Vegas was in Nevada?

A quick Google shows that there is indeed a Las Vegas, New Mexico: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Las_Vegas,_New_Mexico 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Instruct the buyer to go to their purchase history, find the item in question, select "More Actions" and then "I didn't receive it" From there the buyer will proceed to open an Item Not Received claim, once that is open you can refund in full.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@toomuchstuffagain35 lol, the real one is here in NV.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I would save the INR ding and just refund.

Have a great day
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

The reason I asked (apart from ignorance of a lot of USA cities lol) is most often when a parcel starts bouncing back and forth it turns out to be an address issue.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

I would save the INR ding and just refund.

But... That opens you up for suspicion of transaction conducted outside of ebay.

For sellers such as myself it is important to always have documented evidence of what happened, why, and all of that... Just in case there are questions later, also it educates the buyer which is important for when they run into an uncooperative seller (which I can guarantee will happen if they keep buying on ebay). 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@toomuchstuffagain35 

Yes your right and especially those 2 cites. There's a bunch of cites called Nevada, one is in Iowa. They pronounce it funny like " NevAda, ohhh got in many arguments with those folks about it, 😆 🤣 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply