cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/19 eBay buy/sell bucks 10% promo has 8% typo REDUX

Received invite to latest eBay bucks promo for 10% buy/sell and successfully activated white_check_mark

Successfully credited 10% buying bonus for recent order white_check_mark

Considering to use 10% selling bonus but close inspection of promo fine print shows discrepancy ???

ebaybuckspromo.jpg

I've used one the past promos to do a few sales and did receive bucks credited at the end of the period, although the credited amount seemed to be somewhat lower than what I calculated based on the final selling price. It takes very deliberate accounting to predict what the proper selling bonus will be since the end-of-period selling bonus was credited as a single amount in my past experience. There were no itemized bonus selling amounts for multiple sales.

This discrepancy has appeared before and makes me pause before listing some items. Can @Anonymous brian@ebay confirm that 10% is the accurate bonus amount for buying and selling within the defined timeline?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: 7/19 eBay buy/sell bucks 10% promo has 8% typo REDUX

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@downtimeguy wrote:

Received invite to latest eBay bucks promo for 10% buy/sell and successfully activated white_check_mark

Considering to use 10% selling bonus but close inspection of promo fine print shows discrepancy ???

ebaybuckspromo.jpg

I've used one the past promos to do a few sales and did receive bucks credited at the end of the period, although the credited amount seemed to be somewhat lower than what I calculated based on the final selling price. It takes very deliberate accounting to predict what the proper selling bonus will be since the end-of-period selling bonus was credited as a single amount in my past experience. There were no itemized bonus selling amounts for multiple sales.

This discrepancy has appeared before and makes me pause before listing some items. Can @Anonymous brian@ebay confirm that 10% is the accurate bonus amount for buying and selling within the defined timeline?

Hi @downtimeguy, I received verification that the correct amount is 10%. The 8% number is inaccurate and I've reported it to the promotions team. Thanks for bring it to my attention!

Brian,
Community Team

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I am seeing ebay's definite lack of proofreading text.

And I find that very unprofessional.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

A couple months ago an offer had 3 different typos in it.

I guess this qualifies as improvement?

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Looks like they use boilerplate for these promotions, but sometimes forget to update all parts of it.

This must have been for one where the promo was 8% and they forgot to change it.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I bet that typo is only showing on mobile. The one I got in my messages on my PC is consistent throughout. 10% bucks for buy or sell.

I also see where it does NOT say new listings only, so I'm hoping relists will get the bonus if they sell by July 31. I dropped the price on a relist yesterday and it sold this morning.

I'll definitely have a list of sales ready for CS if I'm not credited like the last Bucks for selling fiasco.

I've already ended and reworked about half of my store listings (reduced price, 10-day duration listings) to try and get rid of some backed up inventory. I could use the working room to get ready for fall!

Déjà Moo: The strange feeling that I've heard this bull before...
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Here's what I got-

July19buysellpromo10percent.png

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Users who purchase eligible items between 5:00AM PT on July 19, 2018, and 11:59PM PT on July 21, 2018 (the "Purchase Earn Period"), will earn the promotional offer. Users who list eligible items between 5:00AM PT on July 19, 2018, and 11:59PM PT July 21, 2018 (the "Selling Earn Period"), will also be eligible for the promotional offer. Must sell items by July 31, 2018 to earn eBay Bucks worth 8% of the total sales price—up to $100. Rewards will be deposited into an eBay Bucks account by September 30, 2018.

I got the error as well and I use a laptop.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Well then, things are a mess all over...again....sigh.
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Looking at the promo notice in eBay/My Messages also indicates 10% across the board. It only seems to be this webpage link that has the 8% discrepancy:

https://pages.ebay.com/rewards/2018/0719sell.html

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@downtimeguy wrote:

ebaybuckspromo.jpg

Hi @downtimeguy, I received verification that the correct amount is 10%. The 8% number is inaccurate and I've reported it to the promotions team. Thanks for bring it to my attention!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Thanks for the clarification. Last question...

Promo says that selling bonus is based on "total sales price" which I interpret to mean the final sale price of an item without any additional shipping fees. Is that correct?

For example: A item that sells under the promo for $10 with $3.50 shipping cost would be credited for $1 selling bonus ($10 x 10% = $1) ?
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Hi everyone,

We've updated the help page to confirm it's a 10% promo. 

Thank you. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 12 of 12
latest reply