cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

500 Free Fixed Price or Auction

http://www.rsvp.ebay.com/rsvp/signup/103352/AcOEEUolj7M

As usual, received this only on my non-store account.  My two accounts with stores did not receive.  

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: 500 Free Fixed Price or Auction

Thank you for posting this.

I always love a fixed price promo !

Message 2 of 35
latest reply

you must actually make money. expecting to make more is the issue. we have the same one. 🙂 best wishes
Message 3 of 35
latest reply

The offer wasn't there when I first read your post, but it is there now.  Yay!  

Message 4 of 35
latest reply

@tml989 wrote:

As usual, received this only on my non-store account.  My two accounts with stores did not receive.  

Mine was for 100 listings, so eBay likes me, but doesn't love me.

Message 5 of 35
latest reply

Same here - mine was for 100 FP 30 day only listings which works just fine for me as I can't list much more than that in 7 days.   First promo I could actually use since January.  I'll use it for relists and save my remaining monthly non-store listings for new listings.  

Message 6 of 35
latest reply

I got the 100 promo on a non store ID but it doesn't come off the promo. Thinking this is one of those ones where you're supposed to use up your 50 freebies first.

Sorry, not happening in the first week of the month.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

I got the 500 too. Have a bunch of FP listings due to end Sunday, so I'll end a day early and relist. That'll do me until we go to Yellowstone a month from now, and will free up my Free 50 so that I can list some new items during the month (assuming I can get up a head of steam to do so!).

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 8 of 35
latest reply

@tml989 wrote:

it seems that ebay takes care of the non-store sellers.

a friend of mine gets everything single one of them.

last month she got 3 promos in 1 month.

she does not even list that much (life limitation... she'd want to list more).

she does have a high average per sale, though.

i got the 500FP but of course on my non-store user names.

not this one.

last promo i got on this name was in October...

letoulousain
Message 9 of 35
latest reply

@tml989  Of course you didn't receive a 500 promo on your store accounts ... the alleged "random" distribution of promos is in fact targetted at non-store accounts so sellers might load up on listings in one month then face either not being able to list as must the following monht OR pay FEES to list all of those extra items they created for the promo.

I noticed that late last year ... the few promos the store has gotten have really been worthless for what I sell.  And the one I just got is so item specific it is again worthless ... plus, I actually listed one item per the promo but it is not showing that it took it ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 10 of 35
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

And the one I just got is so item specific it is again worthless ... plus, I actually listed one item per the promo but it is not showing that it took it ...

@mr_lincoln If that's referencing the shoe promo that's because they didn't sell yet. You can list 500 pairs of shoes and if/when the first pair sells it will count towards the promo. It doesn't mean you can only LIST one pair, just that only one pair, the first pair, that SELLS will receive the no-fee promo.

Regarding this new promo they have conflicting language in the terms. Term #2 says it is only good for GTC initial listings, NO renewals. Term #5 says that GTC renewals qualify. So which is it, eBay?

Restrictions & Exclusions.

1. The Promotion excludes the following: items listed in 1-day or 3-day duration.
  2. Note that for listings with Good ‘Til Cancelled duration, the promotional rate only applies to the initial listing; renewals will count toward your monthly listing allotment if available, or will be charged the standard insertion fee rates.
  3. The following categories are excluded: eBay Motors Passenger Vehicles, Motorcycles, Boats, Power Sports, Other Vehicles, Motors Local Market, Real Estate, Classified Ad listings, Heavy Equipment, Concession Trailers & Carts, Imaging & Aesthetics Equipment, and Commercial Printing Presses.
  4. All Qualifying Listings must comply with all applicable eBay policies, including eBay’s Duplicate Listing policy that allows for the removal of duplicate fixed price listings.
  5. The Promotion excludes listings created prior to activating the offer and listings with a start date prior to, or after the Promotion Period. However, Good ‘Til Cancelled listings that renew during the Promotion Period are eligible for the Promotion.
Message 11 of 35
latest reply

tthe recent offer of 100 free for a period of 7 days, isn't what it appears to be. I have to list 50 of my monthly listing before this can be used? how unfair, this never occurred before. Usually it started the count on the day offered and if I was lucky I used them all and then went back to my usual monthly account.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

the recent offer of 100 free for a period of 7 days, isn't what it appears to be. I have to list 50 of my monthly listing before this can be used? how unfair, this never occurred before. Usually it started the count on the day offered and if I was lucky I used them all and then went back to my usual monthly account.

I just spent 20 minutes trying to explain this to ebay clerk, she said a supervisor agreed.
Message 13 of 35
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@tml989  Of course you didn't receive a 500 promo on your store accounts ... the alleged "random" distribution of promos is in fact targetted at non-store accounts so sellers might load up on listings in one month then face either not being able to list as must the following monht OR pay FEES to list all of those extra items they created for the promo.

I noticed that late last year ... \

@mr_lincoln 

Agreed.  The promos aren't random.  I picked up on that sometime last year.

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 14 of 35
latest reply

Yep.  I  noticed the same exact thing.  It basically makes the promotion just about useless to me.  

Message 15 of 35
latest reply