cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50 drafts disappeared before expiration date

Logged in today to list some drafts and lost about 50 of them for no reason. The oldest ones were not set to expire for several days and I lost a bunch of newer ones too. I  spoke to a rep and they put a ticket in, but I do not believe that will go anywhere. I read this has happened to numerous people. What is the best recourse to seek compensation for this? I will need to pay to have them listed again. Can ebay CS offer listing fee credits in situations like these? The worse part is I need to go through my bins to see what is listed which is going to be a PIA. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I wouldn’t know what happened to your drafts but….

Since they were drafts , they were never listed so no fees where charged. There’s nothing to be compensated for.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

EBay or any other online site does not compensate for your time.

You are correct on the supposed ticket. Nothing will be researched.

Sorry to hear about all the extra work incurred.  Reinventoring, serious PITA. 

Posting ID
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

This is why I rarely use drafts, and even then, very briefly.

So even though the help pages state "You can save drafts of your listings to finish later. You'll find your drafts on the Drafts page in My eBay, or on the Manage drafts page in Seller Hub. You can save up to 250 drafts through the quick listing tool on eBay.com and the eBay mobile app, and up to 5,000 through the single and bulk business listing tools in Seller Hub. Drafts expire 75 days after they were last edited." in practice they randomly delete them for no apparent reason.

It's just one of the ways they show their lack of respect for a seller's time & effort.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Ebay once had a glitch and deleted over 150 of our active listings including all the data. The photographs of the items were not even saved on our phone (they were taken directly in the ebay app) and all of them had to be redone. It was when our account was pretty new and we had used up all our available listings in our monthly selling limits. We had to wait several weeks before we could even list any of them again because eBay said they had no way to actually credit us back towards our monthly selling limits. It was ridiculous.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Why would you have to pay to list them again, they were never listed.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

It sounds like they have paid workers who do the listings as drafts.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Wait, what?  Compensation for missing drafts that you'll have to list again?  If they were only drafts, they weren't listed, and you'd had to have listed them anyway.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply