cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

45 records now need a UPC

I HAVEN'T been able to list my 45 records for about 2 weeks now. I put in a couple of tickets but still nothing. I have tried N/A and "does not apply".  I have my records in drafts but I have also tried to list individually. Any help would be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: 45 records now need a UPC

I also get the "no match found" message from eBay regarding ISBN numbers that eBay can't identify; but I just click on the "X" close button, and continue with my listing.

Try "Sell Similar" instead of actually creating a brand-new listing, as well.

Message 16 of 33
latest reply

@wehaverecords wrote:

When I put in "does not apply" it opens a window of "does not match" and then gives me the item specifics error.

Are you typing "does not apply" with quotation marks @wehaverecords? If you are then you need to type it this way - copy/paste it because this is how eBay lists it in other categories with only the first word capitalized, no quotes:

Does not apply

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 17 of 33
latest reply

Question

First of all, can you edit an active 45 listing - adding an * at end of description and save?

If you used a sell similar - from ended or active? Have you selected different items to sell similar from?   

"I HAVEN'T been able to list my 45 records for about 2 weeks now."

"I have my records in drafts --- but I have also tried to list individually."

We create 45s listings all the time with no problem, and your title hasn't attracted any 'us too' replies, so IF you are still trying to get  the 'two week' old draft[s] to work, then most likely the form you stated from that day/time has been screwed up from the start - we're had the lister not turn the photo - first time, as draft or when scheduled - so just copy/paste info and added photos to new form and bingo, photos turned.

Now if you are starting from scratch each time from create listing or the sell link ...

I wish you luck.

Message 18 of 33
latest reply

when i pit in Does not apply it gives me a popup that says No Match.  if i X it out it gives me the error 

Looks like something is missing or invalid. Please fix any issues and try again.

Item specifics

Message 19 of 33
latest reply

Do you list your 45's from a template in drafts. I type them out a month before so I can gradually list them the next month. I have been doing this way for 2 years. It was just 2 weeks ago I ran into this. It actually listed 20 items OK but the 85 other listing gave an error.

Message 20 of 33
latest reply

@wehaverecords wrote:

Do you list your 45's from a template in drafts. I type them out a month before so I can gradually list them the next month. I have been doing this way for 2 years. It was just 2 weeks ago I ran into this. It actually listed 20 items OK but the 85 other listing gave an error.

Drafts can get glitchy if they sit for a month. Are you getting the error when you either create a listing from scratch, sell similar from another listing, or use a stored template (not a draft)?

If 1 works, 2 works, but 3 doesn't then your template could be corrupted and needs to be re-done.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 21 of 33
latest reply

"Do you list your 45's from a template in drafts."

No - we have been using a then called 'copy' and now called sell similar of the original listing the boss wrote in 2001 since ... our second listing in 2001.

And, because you sell records, those listings were both Moondog records.

Again, I would try to make one from a sell sim... and see what happens - you just want the 'thing' to save, if it takes starting from scratch, at least it gets done.

Message 22 of 33
latest reply

@wehaverecords wrote:

I have tried that and still get item specifics error.

What does the error message say?

Have a great day
Message 23 of 33
latest reply

@wehaverecords wrote:

when i pit in Does not apply it gives me a popup that says No Match.  if i X it out it gives me the error 

Looks like something is missing or invalid. Please fix any issues and try again.

Item specifics

If there was anything preselected, check to make sure they are selected.

I had a listing a couple days ago that only had two item specifics preseleted and I had to click one of them again and the message went away.

Have a great day
Message 24 of 33
latest reply

@wehaverecords wrote:

I sell from the US. Does that make a difference

There are occasions when updates in eBay software don't work exactly the same between the 2 sites. Usually dot com gets months before dot ca gets. Especially when it's an upgrade in features. For this situation, was just sharing my personal observations. It could be just bad programming that is causing you the grief.

-Lotz

Message 25 of 33
latest reply

Just leave it blank, and when it asks later for item specifics open it scroll down and click on don't ask again 

Message 26 of 33
latest reply

@wehaverecords wrote:

I am listing on computer. One of ebay's solution was to switch to chrome.  Do you list from saved drafts?

@wehaverecords 

I do list from templates, yes.  

Can you do "sell similar" from one of your other listings?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 27 of 33
latest reply

Are you sure you have 'used' selected instead of 'new'? I've sold thousands of 45's in here over the years and have never had an issue.

And for the 'record' (no pun intended) regarding a previous post, thousands of 45's in the late 70's into the 80's had UPC barcodes printed right on the labels.

Message 28 of 33
latest reply

i did try sell similar and it works.  i did notice after about 15 sell similar it gives me an error and i have to reset.  i now know it must be the templates that are giving the error.  they were so easy for me to use but that always happens when it is too easy.   Once i get use to making sure i change the release date or the record label i think this will be the route to go.  THANKYOU EVERYONE for all your help.  Dave

Message 29 of 33
latest reply

"45s went extinct in the 1990s"

Are you sure?  I saw 45's at Tower Records after that.

Message 30 of 33
latest reply