cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

25% Off Final Value Fee Promotion Very Misleading!

Received a listing promotion offer for 25% off final value fees. The promotion lists CDs as an example of qualified items at the top of the advertisement, but when you look at the details of the promotion, it does not include the music category.  It doesn't say audiobook CDs or movie CDs, just CDs! Very misleading, especially since this is the first promotion received in several months. Can eBay please pay attention to what they're doing, please?!

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

I think ebay is a glitch.

I listed 6 category approved items today. When I checked my Selling manager my monthly 50 allotment reduced--which is correct, but the 25% FVF promotion is still at 50.

So I guess it's up to us to keep track of how many we list until the 22nd in order to see if indeed we receive a credit.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

The promo countdown generally starts when the 1st one sells.
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

@love*glitter* wrote:

I listed 6 category approved items today. When I checked my Selling manager my monthly 50 allotment reduced--which is correct, but the 25% FVF promotion is still at 50.

So I guess it's up to us to keep track of how many we list until the 22nd in order to see if indeed we receive a credit.

It's a FVF promotion, not listing fee. It's accurate to reduce your listing allotment. You'll only see the FVF promo reduced when you've actually sold something that qualifies, not simply because you listed something.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

@cheeznonions wrote:

Received a listing promotion offer for 25% off final value fees. The promotion lists CDs as an example of qualified items at the top of the advertisement, but when you look at the details of the promotion, it does not include the music category.  It doesn't say audiobook CDs or movie CDs, just CDs! Very misleading, especially since this is the first promotion received in several months. Can eBay please pay attention to what they're doing, please?!

I was wondering the same thing. Autographed CDs listed under Entertainment Memorabilia would qualify, but it is not obvious whether or not the Music -> CDs category would qualify. @Anonymous is the Music category supposed to be included in this promo? Was it left off the list by mistake? https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2018/0508/MetAC.html

List any items in these categories to save.
Arts & Collectibles

Antiques, Art, Comics, Pottery & Glass, Stamps & More

Media & Lifestyle

DVDs, CDs, Books, Events & More

Qualifying Items are limited to select categories as follows:

• Coins & Paper Money (excluding bullion)
  • Collectibles
  • Entertainment Memorabilia
  • Pottery & Glass
  • Art
  • Antiques
  • Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop
  • Stamps
  • Tickets & Experiences
  • Toys & Hobbies
  • Travel
  • Dolls & Bears
  • DVDs & Movies
  • Books

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lovtaco0 wrote:

@cheeznonions wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. Autographed CDs listed under Entertainment Memorabilia would qualify, but it is not obvious whether or not the Music -> CDs category would qualify. @Anonymous is the Music category supposed to be included in this promo? Was it left off the list by mistake? https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2018/0508/MetAC.html

List any items in these categories to save.
Arts & Collectibles

Antiques, Art, Comics, Pottery & Glass, Stamps & More

Media & Lifestyle

DVDs, CDs, Books, Events & More

Qualifying Items are limited to select categories as follows:

• Coins & Paper Money (excluding bullion)
  • Collectibles
  • Entertainment Memorabilia
  • Pottery & Glass
  • Art
  • Antiques
  • Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop
  • Stamps
  • Tickets & Experiences
  • Toys & Hobbies
  • Travel
  • Dolls & Bears
  • DVDs & Movies
  • Books

Hi @lovtaco0, I'm looking into getting clarification for this promotion and will update this thread as soon as I have more info.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@love*glitter* wrote:

Well, at least you can still see it!

I accepted and activated one of these 25% off FVF promotions last week, and listed some items.  Now the whole thing is just **poof**... doesn't show in "active", doesn't show in "expired", it's just GONE!  As is, I suspect, any 25% discount. 

Forget about the gang who couldn't shoot straight, they don't even know how to operate a gun! 

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@ted_200 wrote:

I accepted and activated one of these 25% off FVF promotions last week, and listed some items.  Now the whole thing is just **poof**... doesn't show in "active", doesn't show in "expired", it's just GONE!  As is, I suspect, any 25% discount.

That's how the FVF promos "work". They disappear after the listing period ends- which is ridiculous- they should be moved to expired. In my experience the discounts are still applied to qualifying items even after the promo vanishes.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@Anonymous, did you get an update on this? It's been about a week already and there is only a week left on the promo.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@lovtaco0 wrote:

@Anonymous, did you get an update on this? It's been about a week already and there is only a week left on the promo.

How much you want to bet that they won’t respond or wait till next week after the promotion is over.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. Thomas Edison
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Well, I listed Olive Oyl under the 20.00 FVF cap promo - we'll see how that plays out ........

I like the 20.00 FVF for that auction that ends tonight.

I like the 20.00 FVF for that auction that ends tonight.

Hopefully you'll get it.  And hopefully they'll pay and you won't have to relist!

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@lovtaco0 wrote:

@ted_200 wrote:

That's how the FVF promos "work". They disappear after the listing period ends- which is ridiculous- they should be moved to expired. In my experience the discounts are still applied to qualifying items even after the promo vanishes.

Or, DON'T work!  I did manage to get over $25 out of one item Sunday ($29.99), I just checked the fees, they charged me $3.00.  The promo is gone from MyeBay page, the Message is gone from Messages, it's like it never even happened.  Which is what CS will tell me too.  And yes, I verified (more than once) that the "Offer" had been "Activated" prior to listing. 

eBay is lame. 

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lovtaco0 wrote:

Hi @lovtaco0, thanks for touching base on this! We will be able to process credits manually for any seller who activated the promotion and listed in the Music > CDs category. The promotion period for items to sell goes until June 22nd, so we would be able to look into any necessary credits after this time.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

eBay is not what is once was.  shipping prices keeps going up, 10% final fee's plus inserting fee's.  people are not using eBay like they did 10 years ago. eBay was the top website for Buying & Selling. Now its Amazon and if we are not careful. Amazon will own the internet when it comes to Buying & Selling.   I sold on Amazon for a while, Selling 3-5 items a day, everyday.  I was doing ok,   buying my stuff on Ebay for  $2.60 each and reselling them on Amazon for $14.95 each. Over night people just stopped buying them from me.  I wasn't selling anything, going from 30-35 per week to zero per week.  After about 10 days or so, I stated looking into why i wasn't selling anything anymore.  I found Amazon had dropped their price of the same item i was selling and with free delivery for prime members for only $3.99 each. I could not compete, how could i? shipping alone was over $3.00.  Amazon won this price war and after about 6 weeks i closed my account.  "Well ~ Wouldn't You Know It"  Amazon raised their prices for the same item  that i was selling to $15.95. 

If any one does not believe my story is real, google "Diapers.com Amazon Story".  

For the 25% deal, i posted 33 items in the past 2 days and only show 1 qualifies for the deal. 

Message 15 of 16
latest reply