cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

200 Free Listings - Restrictions & Exclusions - Caution: Maybe NOT FREE

The Restrictions and Exclusions for both 200 Free listing offers says:

"Auction-style listings created during the Promotion Period must sell within the first listing period to be eligible for the Promotion; Fixed Price and Buy It Now listings must sell before the listing is automatically renewed."

Does this mean that if I list 200 auctions and only 100 sell that the other 100 non-sold will be charges a listing fee since they are NOT "eligible for the promotion" due to these restrictions and exclusions that were not part of earlier free listing offers?

Message 1 of 70
latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

Re: 200 Free Listings - Restrictions & Exclusions - Caution: Maybe NOT FREE

Why is it we can't get anyone to answer the question we are all asking?  Im scared to use my 200 listings for fear of getting charged for the ones that don't sell.  Why did the wording change all of a sudden?  I have called and talked to 6 CS reps and got a different answer every time.  This is so frustrating!!!!!!!!!  Are you going to use your 200 or what is your recommendation of what we should do.  I need them as I had 100 items roll off and was out of listings for April after they took my 200 from me.  I know you are in the same boat I just wish we could get an answer!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 61 of 70
latest reply

Don't use the 8 free-listings feature for these promos & all will be fine. I do not use this feature and the promo works great...

To me this feature is too much like GTC = If I want the listing to be continually re-listed for that many times, might just as well use GTC...

Message 62 of 70
latest reply

So if I don't use the automatic relist 8 times, every item is going to roll off every 7 days?  How will I ever get everything relisted again for the month?  My item will only be listed for 7 days and I have to start again? 

Sorry this has thrown me for a loop since I have been doing it the same way for over a year and now its all changed I guess.   

Message 63 of 70
latest reply

I preface this with the disclaimer that I'm by no means an expert...  But I've had my best month ever in April, and I don't want things to drop off, so here's what I'm doing (talking ONLY about *auctions* in this post, to be clear):

-- I'm trusting the eBay rep earlier in the thread who said that *auctions* that don't sell are NOT being charged the $.35 each.  From looking at the thread, and my own April statement and current activity, this seems to be correct.  I'll acknowledge I'm taking a gamble though, and the new wording of the fine print is absolutely maddening.

-- All of my current *auctions* end their seven days and roll over (I always use the 8 free relists) on Saturday morning, so about 9 hours from now.  I've put together about 140 more *auctions* to list toward this month's 200 free listings, and I have those scheduled to start an hour before my current auctions roll.

I figure one of two things will happen:

-- I get 140 free auctions, then the other 60 get "eaten" by the relists that roll over later in the morning.  If that happens the way it did last time, it will just use up the remaining listings in the "200 free listings" bucket, and then nothing happens with the rest that roll over after those 60.  Last month after the rest of my 200 free were "eaten" the other renewing *auctions* did NOT pull from my normal 50 free or charge me in any way.  They rolled over as normal.  As they're supposed to.

-- Or, if they've actually fixed the problem with the promo, I'll have 140 new auctions go live, with 60 more free listings I can use throughout the month.  I'm willing to risk losing 50-60 free listings, but really didn't want to take a chance on free relists "eating" all my 200 free listings.  I'm moving in the right direction sales-wise and I want to keep growing, even though eBay makes it quite hard with the weird fine print, promos not working as they should, and conflicting info -- when they respond at all.

(Off topic, but the most maddening part of all this for me is that I'd have a freakin' store by now if they didn't charge store owners to add Buy It Now to auctions.  I have no idea why people who choose to PAY a monthly fee have to PAY MORE for something that non-stores get for FREE.  Buy it Now is an important part of my strategy and seeing that stores pay per auction to use it is the ONLY thing keeping me from making the investment in a store.)

Message 64 of 70
latest reply

For anyone still wondering, I can confirm that the problem with free auction relists (from the "relist up to 8 times for free" option) using listings from the 200 free listing promo HAS BEEN FIXED.  At least for me.  All mine rolled over, and I still have my remaining listings from the 200 free.  Thank you, eBay!

Message 65 of 70
latest reply

Thank you for typing all that just for me!  I so appreciate it! I had a great April also and try to keep listing more cuz I see it as the more I list the more I sell!   Im still trying to learn all these tricks even a year after Ive got back into it.  I love doing it!   I always do 8 free also and I do have some buy it nows.  So when you get your 140 listings ready to list (which I don't know how you do that, I get tired of working with it! lol)  you just get them ready, put a schedule time and they all go on at the same time.  I haven't thought of that.  I sit and try to post, post, post until my hand falls off.  My problem is when everything rolls off that 8th time it seems to take me forever to relist them.  Is there a quicker way or just have to go thru each one?  And that's if I have listings to use!    

Thank you again for taking the time to talk to me!  That was very considerate of you and I'm glad Ive found someone who understands what Im talking about because NO ONE at Ebay can help me! lol  

Message 66 of 70
latest reply

I've been back on eBay selling off and on since last summer, but really focused on it starting late last fall, after not selling here since I dabbled in 2013-14.

Quickest way to relist that I've found is on the computer (not the app) by using Seller Hub. If you don't have it, get it, today. I only found out about it at the start of April, and it really speeds things up! In Seller Hub you can work with multiple listings at once -- only problem I've found is when you relist them you have to go into each one to check the box for 8 free relists. Still, much faster than the old seller screen on the site, and I've heard from many people who have issues (like unintended free shipping!) when they list on the app.

And yes, I schedule my listings -- although I will stop that if I ever upgrade to a store, because I have found that (even though scheduled listings are free when you don't have a store) they actually charge per listing to schedule them for store owners.

Always happy to help -- I'm still learning (and relearning) myself. I'm not on these forums much, but I'm trying to check them more. If you need anything else, feel free to ask!
Message 67 of 70
latest reply

Agree! It changed for the worst!

Message 68 of 70
latest reply

@kzwtn wrote:

So if I don't use the automatic relist 8 times, every item is going to roll off every 7 days?  How will I ever get everything relisted again for the month?  My item will only be listed for 7 days and I have to start again? 

Sorry this has thrown me for a loop since I have been doing it the same way for over a year and now its all changed I guess.   

Auctions that end without the automatic relist and without selling are shown in Listings Unsold.  You can check all unsold listings and then select Relist (or Sell Similar).  So it takes almost no time or effort to relist unsold auctions.

Message 69 of 70
latest reply

And what happens when any sold items auto-relist, even though you have no inventory for said items? I feel like there's a catch here with the auto-relist meaning I will end up paying more fees for unsold items, and items that were relisted though there was no stock.

They caught me with this back in the day. A bunch of items auto-relisted after the promo and next billing cycle I received a soul-crushing invoice.

The truth has few friends but many enemies.
No one is perfect, though a mirror and the right clothes may make some think otherwise.
Message 70 of 70
latest reply