cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100 Listings w/no Listing Fee

I recently received the following promotion: 

100 extra fixed priced listings - for free!

Pay no insertion fees on up to 100 additional fixed-price listings

Start:May 11, 2018 at 5:36am PDT
End:May 17, 2018 at 11:59pm PDT

The Terms and Conditions said it does not apply to 1-3 day listings. I listed 8 itens and they all were applied to my monthly free 50.  None were applied to the Promo.  I had activated the promo and the listing's duration was 10 days. I called ebay and they told me to qualify the listing had to be of a 30 day duration and the buye had to be given the option to make an offer. I agrued that thats not what the Ts and Cs said. I just got the "I'm so sorry, but there's nothing I can do," reply.  Her advice was next time list just one item to see if it would be applied correctly. I said I shouldn't have to see if it would work, I should be able to trust ebay (maybe a leap of faith there, but you get my meaning).  Anyone else had a problem with this recent promo? Oh, and the listings were within the time frame of the promotion.
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: 100 Listings w/no Listing Fee

I rec'd the same offer and the new listings are not being applied to the promo for me either. I did not use the best offer, I guess that is what I need to do. Since all my prices have been lowered significantly, I will have to raise one of my prices and try it later today. 

Thank you for your post, you saved me from calling. 

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I learned the hard way to always read the fine print on anything including ebay.. I dont do the best offer feature but that is what this promo is trying to push more of, plus if people want something they just ask in a message.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Always read the details of the offer.  You would have seen that it requires that you add "Best offer" to the listing.

Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 11.25.19 AM.png

However, the 30-day duration part is a definite glitch.  I tried this out for myself and indeed a 10-day listing was charged to my regular 50 but the 30-day listing was counted against the offer.  

Why is there a glitch in EVERYTHING that eBay does lately? At least we learned about this one before it expired.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

you're right...I should have read the COMPLETE offer description, cover to cover.

Thanks

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

I just received an email from ebay pointing out that the promo was for 30 day listings (even though the Terms and Conditions did not say so) AND that in order to take advantage of this promo, I had to use all my 50 free monthly listings. So I had 11 days to use all my free listings? Maybe I'm just not understanding or maybe I wasn't clear enough when /i tried to explain my issue to the ebay representative.  

But thanks to those of you that took the time to reply.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

That message doesn't make sense.  I was able to use the promo even though I hadn't used my 50 free insertions.  Are you sure it said that?

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

This is odd because anytime I have activated a promo it uses the promo first then the monthly free listings.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

That has been my experience, too, with rare (and very specific) exceptions.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

I have had the same experience with other promos (the free promos did not require me to use my monthly free listings firet) but here is the email I received:

Hello Leonard,

Thank you for contacting eBay customer service. I am happy to serve you. I am sending this email because upon calling back it routed to leave voice mail.

You called with regards with 100 extra fixed price listings - for free because activated the promo May 11, 2018 at 5:36 AM PST and you listed the item between 5:00 - 5:30 PM PST. The explanation for that is the 100 extra fixed price listings - for free is an addition for the 50 free listings that you received monthly and in order for you to use the promotion is that you need to use up your 50 free listings and make sure that you accept offers and the duration is 30 days and also check for the terms and conditions and exclusions as well for listing an item under on that promotion.

I hope that I answered your question. Happy selling!

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

"- for free is an addition for the 50 free listings that you received monthly and in order for you to use the promotion is that you need to use up your 50 free listings "

Somebody at Customer Support  is misreading the offer.  When offers say "In addition to" they are used BEFORE the regular 50.   Here's a screen shot of my own offers counter, showing that the offer was used even though I have plenty of my 50 free insertions left:

Screen Shot 2018-05-13 at 8.14.59 AM.png

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

That is exactly what I thought, and has been my experience.  I'm a long-time buyer, but have been selling  for only about 6 months so I'm a little new to the game. Unfortunately, I would not have qualified anyway because all the listing I made were of 10 days duration, not 30. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, I do appreciate it.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

The exact same problem. I called and the guy on the phone told me that I had to use up all 50 of my month long ones first. I did, and now, it will not give me a free listing. The 100 sit there, and there is no way of accessing them. Obviously ebay has a programming glitch, and they need to make it right. If it was a buyer, they would send over $10 in cash as an apology, but to us sellers, they have this big screw. no matter which way you turn it, it goes in.
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried the "25% off FVFs for 50 Items in these categories" this morning and I couldn't figure out why the used/unused count wouldn't change. It DID change in my basic store subscription though. I guess I need to go back and read that itty bitty fine print TOO. GRRRRRR and *bleeped* again. Thanks for your post. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out what was wrong and you saved me the usual hour phone call to customer service!!!
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

When you received 100 free items. read the promotion carefully. Yes the last one,  100 free was 100 fixed price with make offer. That is why you lost some or all of your 50 frees. I made the same mistake. It is smart to list one item and see if it work. But if you are smart list one item only.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply