cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$10 Final Value Fee Cap

So I received a promotional offer on May 9 from eBay to list up to 5 items and pay only a $10 final value fee when they each sell.  I activated the offer that day and listed 5 items on May 13, the last day that the offer was open.  After I listed the items, I checked my Selling page and the 5 items were not showing up at the bottom of the page under that promotional offer, but under my normal list 50 items per month for free offer.

I called eBay and the customer rep told me that they would show up under my normal 50 items promotion until they sell and then they would fall under the limited time $10 cap offer.  I asked the rep if she saw anything in my listings which would disqualify them from this offer and she said that they DID qualify for the offer and that I WOULD receive it.

Then today, the 14th, I checked my Promotional Offers section on my Selling page and the $10 cap promotional offer is no longer there.  It's showing the usual 2 offers as active (with these 5 listings still showing in my normal 50 free listings) and 0 offers in my History area.  I would've thought that, at least, this promotional offer would have still shown up in the History section.  Has anyone else has this problem and did they actually receive the discount?  I'm a little concerned since I listed my pricey items only because of this offer.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: $10 Final Value Fee Cap

Hey, kcwind!
Same here. I also called in with the same initial concern, and was told the same thing -- items will post as "active" once/if they sell.
BUT GEEZUMS - I didn't even notice the promo had completely disappeared from my seller page until I read your post! (yikes. as if I weren't worried enough before.) None of my items have sold yet.
Please let me know if you discover any info, and I'll do likewise.
*fingers crossed*
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Nothing will show until the items SELL, and then you'll see a line item discount on your monthly invoice. (or at least you should, that's how previous promos of this type have worked.)

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

But why wouldn't it show up in the Promotional Offers History section, at least?  That would make me more confident that I would actually get the discount when the items sell.  It's just very odd and not reassuring at all the way that it's being handled.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@kcwind wrote:

But why wouldn't it show up in the Promotional Offers History section, at least?  That would make me more confident that I would actually get the discount when the items sell.  It's just very odd and not reassuring at all the way that it's being handled.

What is it that you want to show? The promo is not for free listings, the actual listing fee either comes from your existing free allotment or you pay for the listing.

Once the promo is expired you should be able to see it by clicking the "history" button.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Once the promo is expired you should be able to see it by clicking the "history" button.

That's my current problem - it's not showing up in the History area.  The offer expired yesterday. 

And I'm not concerned about the listing fee - that's free to me no matter what at this point.  It's the final value fee that I'm not entirely sure I'm going to get since this particular offer is no longer showing in my Promotional Offers area, even when clicking on the History button - that shows zero historical promotional offers.  At least I still have the e-mail they sent me in my Messages to show that I did get the offer.  And I've now been told by another customer service rep that I am on a list of people who did accept the offer, so I should get the discount.  It's just odd to me that the offer has completely dropped off my Selling page, even in the History area.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

EVERYONE with this issue PLEASE BEWARE! **** 

This is not simply a case of the items not being sold yet, therefore not appearing as "active" -- 

The promo has completely disappeared from our "promotional offers" deck, and isn't even in the history of promotional offers activated/expired.  If this has happened to you, Please CALL customer service.

I just called, and an Ebay customer service rep told me that the promo IS NOT activated in my account any longer due to a "glitch"! (even though I did activate it, it showed on my active promotional offer yesterday, and am even on phone record with them concerning the same activated promo.)

After she viewed the invitation email in my ebay messages, she said ebay will "honor" the promo 

but in a VERY DIFFERENT way than what the promo I activated promised.

1. I must keep the invitation email as a record. (- if invitation is deleted, I have no recourse.) 

2. The rep had to take note of the items I listed specifically for the promo, and make notes on my account.

3. The $10 cap will likely not apply at sale... rather it will appear as full 10% owed. She said there is a "possibility" that the $10 cap will kick in if items sell before next invoice, but this is uncertain.

If items do not sell until next invoice, I will have to PAY full 10%, then will get "credit"  TOWARD for future ebay fees, NOT REFUNDED. 

The rep was very nice, but I am not confident this will play out correctly.

Very disheartening. 

Another seller had a better outcome than I did after calling -- they were told that they will get the promo as stated because they were on a list of people who had been activated, but my experience was clearly much different.

Everyone check your activated promos ...and check them often!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

So I sold my 5 items and I've just checked my Account Activity invoice area and it looks like I am only being charged $10 each for the final value fee on each item.  The invoice hasn't actually been generated yet, but so far it looks good.

The promotion is still not showing in the History section on my Promotional Offers selling area - those 5 listings are still showing as part of my 50 free listings per month rather than part of a special promotional offer.  But that's okay with me since I'm not planning to sell more this month, anyway.

So, it's looking like the offer is working for me.  Hopefully it will work out the same for others who accepted this offer.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Strangely enough, the expired promotion is now showing up on my History page.  I have no idea why it wasn't appearing before and now suddenly showed up many days after my listings sold, but it's there.  Seems to be working out for me.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

My husband had this problem. He listed the item, sold it, and eBay charged him the normal fees. So he called them and one person told him they saw the promotion, but would have to call him back. The person who called back said they could find no such promotion. So, of course, the offer was not in his email messages as it had been deleted by THEM...so he went back and looked in his personal email and found the promotion that way. He called eBay back and said he wanted to talk to their legal department, because eBay has access to our accounts back by credit cards and or bank accounts, that what they are doing is fraud. The person he talked to this time said that talking to the legal department wouldn't be necessary as the promotion was right there in front of her. Hmm...sounds really fishy, but they did give his money back after the hassle of fighting for it (with proof).
Message 10 of 10
latest reply