cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0% feedback after lengthy absence

I haven't bought or sold anything on Ebay in at least 10 years. I have a few things I want to list but since it's been so long my feedback reset to 0%, although it does show in parentheses the number of transactions done in the past before I went on hiatus. I'm worried that no one will look at or buy anything because of the absence of feedback. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: 0% feedback after lengthy absence

I do get a price break when I ship through Ebay shipping.   I also linked my Ebay  shipping to my paypal account.  The paypal is linked to a credit card that gives me cash back.  So everytime I print, I get 2% back as a cash bonus. The best part is the ebay does NOT get their grubby hands on my seller funds.   This is perfectly legal.

Message 16 of 36
latest reply

Check out my feedback?  What Feedback? You Don't have any. Great Idea!

Message 17 of 36
latest reply

Pretty sure the OP knows he has no recent FB and also knows why.

But it was nice of you to point that out, I guess.  

Message 18 of 36
latest reply

@allthingsmoody wrote:

"Paypal is no longer an option for sellers." I'm confused. I keep reading this on various posts, forums, and blogs. But I bought an item yesterday and it had Paypal listed as an option for payment. (I didn't use it, I stay away from Paypal unless it's literally my only option after a major issue a couple of years ago)

Buyers are still able to use PayPal if they want. @allthingsmoody 

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 19 of 36
latest reply

From what I've read, it appears to be only BOA accounts held in Georgia that are having problems with ebay.

Many sellers use BOA with no issues.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 20 of 36
latest reply

We also get a discount (5% to53%) on most shipping label purchases. I assume that USPS and private couriers also have these discounts?

In my previous Ebay life I got a discount if I purchased and printed my own label from the USPS website, but not if I purchased at the Post Office. I also got free tracking but had to pay extra at the PO. I think the PO stopped charging for tracking, but I am not 100% certain on that.

No idea what if any discounts I can get from USPS currently.

BTW how do you add a quote from someone else's post/comment to your own? I just copied and pasted but I like how it's bolded on yours.

Message 21 of 36
latest reply

Thank you for this great wealth of information! 

Message 22 of 36
latest reply

I can see my old feedback, and candd205 commented that they could see it as well. It's only showing as 0% because it's been over 12 months since I received my last feedback. At least that's my undertanding.

Message 23 of 36
latest reply

All sites that offer shipping labels on the internet have the same prices for what is now called Ground Advantage and Media Mail.  USPS does not allow negotiations on these rates, so everyone has the Commercial rates which is a nice little savings over full retail.

The faster methods of shipment, USPS does allow for negotiations on for large sites like Ebay but in the last couple of years I've seen their Priority mail rate to be the same as other similar sites.  No additional discounts.  Not sure what is up with that.

Message 24 of 36
latest reply

I just wanted to say I like your quotes, especially that first one! A few years ago the tourist shop my husband was working at was selling cheap sunglasses for $1.25. They just sat on the shelf growing mold. Then someone had the bright idea to raise the price to $10 and they sold like hotcakes. LOL go figure.

Message 25 of 36
latest reply

Yep. Perceived 'value'.

Sometimes it works, sometimes not, but always worth a shot = )

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 26 of 36
latest reply

@allthingsmoody wrote:

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

IMHO stop worrying and sell some items. Every new seller on eBay starts the same way.

Message 27 of 36
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@allthingsmoody wrote:

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

IMHO stop worrying and sell some items. Every new seller on eBay starts the same way.

Although they shouldn't.  Learning the basic rules is important which is evident by some of the threads we see here.  New sellers or sellers returning after a long time away making simple and costly mistakes because they didn't learn the basics.

Message 28 of 36
latest reply

Before you start listing read and understand the current selling policies as  "the old gray mare ain't what she used to be"  a decade or more ago.

Start with this link and all the embedded links

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling/start-selling-ebay?id=4081&st=3&pos=1&query=Start%20sellin...

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 29 of 36
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

All sites that offer shipping labels on the internet have the same prices for what is now called Ground Advantage and Media Mail.  USPS does not allow negotiations on these rates, so everyone has the Commercial rates which is a nice little savings over full retail.

The faster methods of shipment, USPS does allow for negotiations on for large sites like Ebay but in the last couple of years I've seen their Priority mail rate to be the same as other similar sites.  No additional discounts.  Not sure what is up with that.

Media Mail costs the same through eBay as what you'd pay at the PO counter. No discount.

eBay's rates for Priority Mail are lower than the published Commercial rates for some weight/Zone combinations (IIRC, Zones 1 - 4 up to 5 or 10 pounds).

Message 30 of 36
latest reply