cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent Item. Buyer didn't "recognize transaction", disputed and won?

Can someone please explain the seller protections? 

I have a buyer from France, four months after the item was delivered , file a case stating he did not recognize transaction.  Ebay sent me the case, asked me to load the USPS tracking number that shows it was delivered to the Global Shipping Center.  I did.  I also looked and it showed delivered.  Great I thought, Ebay has protections for me as outlined in the Seller Protections.  Nope, I lost.  I have no idea why, they don't give an explanation.  I called Ebay, they told me I could appeal.  I did. 

Well now it is over a month after the case started, so about five months now, and USPS no longer has any information on the tracking because that information is only available for about four months.  

This is the response I now get from my appeal:

"In order to request a seller protection appeal against this payment dispute, we need to provide the tracking details of the item. The tracking number you have provided is not showing any tracking data on USPS website, hence I am requesting you to kindly share the tracking details so that we can escalate the details to relevant team."

Ebay literally has all this information somewhere in their system.

So now what?  All a buyer has to do is wait five months, file a dispute with their credit card and we all lose?  I really thought Ebay Seller Protections would help. 

Any ideas on how to get my money back and the $20 Ebay charged me?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)