cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Multi User have permission to answer messages?

I am running someone's Ebay store for them so they have given me permissions using Multi User to List, Ship and Print Labels.

But I also need permission to answer their Ebay messages/questions that buyers/potential buyers send regarding listings. Can that be done?

Or do I just need to log fully into their account?  I wanted to be able to not have permissions for the financial stuff.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

HI @thegarmentexchange, If you are going to run someone's store for them, you must be able to access the financial aspect.  You must be able to process refunds/returns, etc.  It would be best to fully log-in to their account. 

The multi-user function is designed for employees.  The employer would still be hands-on for other aspects, such as the financial.  From your post you are not an employee of the store owner, but are taking over for them.  Are they going on vacation?  Or what is the reasoning here? 

If for whatever reason you don't want to access the financial aspect of their account, an option would be for them to put their store on time-away mode until they're able to take back control of it and pause sales for up to 30 days.  It is imperative that the time-away settings be properly set.  Good luck!

eBay Help page on Managing Your Store, including time-away settings:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/ebay-stores/manage-ebay-store?id=4090&st=12&pos=1&query=Manage%20y...

Answers (0)