cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to go back to Classic View for listing

I hate the new listing format. There are more clicks to do ANYTHING, and those clicks often involve clicking on TINY text. And now eBay took away classic view entirely because some moronic executives think they know best! We may all have microplastics in our brains but some of us aren't as affected as others.

GIVE US BACK CLASSIC VIEW. Leave modern view for the mouthbreathers. 

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Unable to go back to Classic View for listing

They need to Un-F this or at least give us a "classic view" button.

This is killing me

Message 16 of 33
latest reply

@therockbadger wrote:

Listing takes so much longer now because of the large size of the page and the terrible design of the drop-down options.  Even shipping options take longer to fill out than before.  How can they think this is an improvement when you have to scroll 8x when you use to scroll 3x to get all the options selected?   To find out what you have selected you have to click and scroll instead of just seeing them automatically. 

This was NOT tested by actual users of eBay. 

Bring back the faster and quicker-to-read interface. 

It absolutely has been tested - a lot of us have been using it for Some time.  68% of sellers prefer this new tool over the old version.

Message 17 of 33
latest reply

Classic View option Please!!!!

Message 18 of 33
latest reply

73.2% of all statistics are made up on the spot 🙂 ....Just kidding ya

Message 19 of 33
latest reply

It’s a nightmare! I wish they would’ve left the other way alone ! Takes double the time to do a listing! if it’s not broke why do they have to fix everything?

Message 20 of 33
latest reply

It’s a nightmare I almost fell over when I tried to do a listing !I cannot believe they screwed it up this bad!!

Message 21 of 33
latest reply

The new listing tool is horid.  Selling something in a "lot" used to be simple, you would tick the sell as a lot box and then put the number of items in the lot.  Easy before now it takes a half a dozen clicks.

My other big complaint is how many clicks it takes to get to the html in the description.  It used to be just a tab and now it's half a dozen clicks.  Telephone support is useless too and chat support, forget it.

Ebay is going to loose everyone to Facebook Marketplace where you can list without having to fill in 20 useless description boxes.

Message 22 of 33
latest reply

No, I don't think they want small sellers anymore.  I think they only want big sellers with integration from another site.

Message 23 of 33
latest reply

I have polled hundreds of real life main street eBay users/sellers and have found only several that do not dislike it.... And that's because they don't use a desktop to list....... That is a fast cry from the made up 68% prefer it statistic.... That must be a made up manipulated figure used for shareholders...... Did they only poll the eBay employees that are working on the tool?

I have met a few people who do not care either way, but then again they only list occasion items from time to time so why ruin the listing process for your solid full time sellers that generate the majority of the listings and sales on eBay?

Am I missing something?

Message 24 of 33
latest reply

Meanwhile, I can't get eBay to fix all the glitches including those that require me to repeatedly refresh the page when searching for an item, so that it'll show the number of matches and the menu to search newest to oldest, etc. Fix what wasn't broken and don't fix what was broken...makes sense to me?!

Message 25 of 33
latest reply

Glitches are unfortunately synonymous with ebay. its just not a company that prides itself on quality.  They basically put stuff out with the barest minimum of research and development to save on costs, and then expect us to test it for them for free (hurting our sales and businesses in the meantime).   

Message 26 of 33
latest reply

GIVE US BACK CLASSIC VIEW!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm totally with you!

Message 27 of 33
latest reply

That user keeps posting that **bleep** 68% figure which is an absolute crock. Every single person i personally know that's an ebay seller HATES the new listing tool. eBay seems to fail to realize that most sellers that list 100's and 1000's of auctions use a DESKTOP computer - not their phone. They are trying to make the platform Gen Z friendly by essentially making the only listing tool the Mobile listing tool. It's infuriating  - it already took far to long to list an item, now it takes even longer. Most of the sellers i know are jumping ship to other platforms, sadly it's something i've strongly considered myself since they "Deleted" classic view

Message 28 of 33
latest reply

Lol- yes the 68% figure is a completely fabricated statistic that was put out by ebay for shareholders.   If you know nothing a about surveys and statistics- they can be asked in various ways to get whatever results you want

ex- do you like the new listing tool better than stubbing your toe?- of course you will bet the answer you want!

ebay ( and most all other organizations employ these tactics) manipulate surveys to get the results they want.   

The vary fact that the tool is continually changing and updating to a version that is closer to the classic is all the proof you need to know that 68% of all users do not like it and its mobile design.    

Keep the changes coming- we need a good desktop listing tool that does not work against us when listing.

An CS agent told me the other day that internally they recognized that people use either a desktop OR a phone to list- hardly anyone starts on one device and switches to the other half way through!   ( although there are some people im sure that use their phones for the pictures of course....)

Common sense would have prevented this debacle 2 years ago when someone said "lets make the listing tool the same"- and make it to the lowest common denominator of the two.     But - as long as they are fixing it now- thats a +......... for the future though- listen to your customers before doing something so obviously wrong!

Message 29 of 33
latest reply

I have wasted so much time trying to find out where the "free shipping" option is.  Has anyone figured it out?

Please?

Message 30 of 33
latest reply