cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbo Lister 2 Factor Authentication Stopped Working

I am on Windows 10 (latest updates) and TL was working fine previously in early March.  Now as I come in again to prepare for SixBit transition I find this new problem.

Now during authentication I am getting several javascript error message boxes (yes / no) to continue.  And then the blue continue button remains disabled even after entering the code so you cannot proceed with the 2FA code texted to your device.   Capcha works fine.   It's the 2 factor dialog that follows the script errors that is the problem.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nip2 wrote:

I am on Windows 10 (latest updates) and TL was working fine previously in early March.  Now as I come in again to prepare for SixBit transition I find this new problem.

Now during authentication I am getting several javascript error message boxes (yes / no) to continue.  And then the blue continue button remains disabled even after entering the code so you cannot proceed with the 2FA code texted to your device.   Capcha works fine.   It's the 2 factor dialog that follows the script errors that is the problem.

Hello @nip2 ,

The scripting issue is a common one and easy to fix. Follow these instructions to deactivate active scripting in Internet Explorer.

1. Open Internet Explorer.
  2. Using the options button in the top right (it looks like a gear symbol) choose Internet Options.
  3. Click on Security tab.
  4. Click the button at the bottom that says "Custom Level".
  5. Once that opens up, scroll to the very bottom.
  6. From the bottom, slowly scroll back up to you see "Active Scripting".
  7. Using the radio buttons, choose Disable.
  8. Click OK and then click Apply.

Once that is done, you should not see that error message anymore. Just be aware that Captcha requires this to be active in order to work.

Best wishes,

Jacob@eBay

eBay Customer Support

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

This question applies to any third party app or website I try to use in conjunction with eBay. As you know third party hold a significant function in any successful story here on eBay. They are HUGE when it comes to streamlining your everyday tasks. Well every time I try to hook up my eBay account to a third party anything it asks me for a "security key" as in a physical digital key I guess? but I've never had one and I've tried explaining it countless times to eBay support and its even more frustrating so I've been going without for almost a year. it really SUCKS!! if anyone would be so kind to swoop in and save my selling life on ebay so I can progress from this slow, bumpy process I would forever be thankful! 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@frommarswithlove wrote:

This question applies to any third party app or website I try to use in conjunction with eBay. As you know third party hold a significant function in any successful story here on eBay. They are HUGE when it comes to streamlining your everyday tasks. Well every time I try to hook up my eBay account to a third party anything it asks me for a "security key" as in a physical digital key I guess? but I've never had one and I've tried explaining it countless times to eBay support and its even more frustrating so I've been going without for almost a year. it really SUCKS!! if anyone would be so kind to swoop in and save my selling life on ebay so I can progress from this slow, bumpy process I would forever be thankful! 

Hello @frommarswithlove ,

By what you posted about, it seems that the 3rd party tool's security key is something to do with a security password or proof you own the product. It makes a lot of sense to me that eBay  Customer Support wouldn't have the first clue on how a 3rd party works as we aren't trained on those kinds of things. I recommend reaching out to the 3rd party support and ask them how to get passed this security key part.

I hope that gives you some next steps. Thanks for your post!

Jacob@ebay

eBay Customer Support

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@frommarswithlove wrote:

... every time I try to hook up my eBay account to a third party anything [third party app or website] it asks me for a "security key"...been going without for almost a year.

@frommarswithlove 

Can you name the apps where you can't log on? I'm assuming more than two apps are involved.  For 3P (third party) applications to act on your behalf, they must set a token in your eBay account using one of eBay's API (programming) portals. To do so, an eBay login page will appear asking if you wish to link to the 3P application:

You would sign into your account and then agree on the subsequent screen to allow 3P access to your account.

eBay_grant_access_token.jpg

After you sign in and agree, the 3P application is the one that must send its own "keys" in order to set your token.

"Security keys" uniquely identify the application. A "security token" uniquely identifies an eBay member who is using the application.

The 3P app will then store that token on the 3P server to use whenever accessing your privileged eBay data. These tokens must be renewed annually. The 3P app will never see your real password, which you can change whenever you want without affecting your 3P token.

You will see successful tokens in your Account Settings > Site Preferences > Third party authorizations.

https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyeBay&CurrentPage=MyeBayPreferences

The fact that every application fails requesting a "security key", leads me to suspect the token can not be set and that something about your browser security is preventing the 3P "keys" from reaching eBay within the token-setting session.  @Anonymous 

I also wonder if you have 2-step authentication and if that is interfering with setting that token. I really know nothing about 2-step authentication because my system will not support it, but I do know it can cause severe problems for users (like myself) who are not set up to work with it.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I figured it out. It was 2 factor I guess. Not really positive on the issue but regardless it’s fixed now so yay! Can anyone suggest a good third party that is listing based? Like one that will assist me in making listings more quick and seamless to start. Nothing too expensive though! I’ve been doing research and there’s sooo many! I don’t want to do a bunch of free trials and then forget about them. I will be broke in no time! Thanks in advance for any insight! And thanks to everyone who helped previously!
Message 6 of 6
latest reply