cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TURBO LISTER

What a waste.....No longer supporting Turbo Lister as of JUne 2017.  What happens now?  Do I have to remain online and use a  "genius" geek program.  Why not leave things as they are?  Or why not let us non geeks continue to use Turbo Lister as is?  Can't tell you how many sites I not longer visit because of the dumb a** changes that were made.

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: TURBO LISTER

Had to call eBay and was on the phone about an hour till it finally downloaded. Then it took additional time to reinstall my listings. I of course voiced my opinion on the discontinuance of Turbo Lister. Was told they want to put everything in the CLOUD. I told the rep that come June when I could no longer use Turbo Lister I would no longer be selling on eBay due to the loss of Turbo Lister.
Message 16 of 38
latest reply

@crazyfordancing wrote:
Had to call eBay and was on the phone about an hour till it finally downloaded. Then it took additional time to reinstall my listings. I of course voiced my opinion on the discontinuance of Turbo Lister. Was told they want to put everything in the CLOUD. I told the rep that come June when I could no longer use Turbo Lister I would no longer be selling on eBay due to the loss of Turbo Lister.

@crazyfordancing

I am sure they are not thrilled about it either as it will put them out of jobs.  Ebay wants to put everything in the Cloud, but they also want access to all the information that everybody has stored on their hard drives but not necessarily uploaded to Ebay which is why they also changed the UA to state that EBay can use any and all information uploaded to their site.  This includes all Intellectual Property in any fashion they want including the sale of that information.  Now whether that would stand up in court, I am not an attorney, so i do not know, but that is how the UA was changed to read at the same time they made the announcement of the elimination of Turbo lister.  So once again its a money play by Ebay,

Ebay stated that the replacement they plan on having in place for Turbo Lister will also require that all items be stored on their site, not on your hard drive as it is done currently but did not state how long that ability will stay in place.  I am sure how long Ebay allows this to happen will depend on how long it takes them to be finished data mining all the information from those listings.  This will require that everybody will have to be logged into Ebay while completing these listings so if people think that Ebay works slow now, wait until everybody is required to be logged in to work on their listings rather than just uploading them.

I can see ebay losing a lot of customers due to this change as many people will exceed their data limits just trying to list their items and I expect the system will slow down so much that the buyers will get frustrated and leave as well.  Its already gotten so difficult for the occasional buyer to figure out how to find what they want due to all of Ebays changes, so add in how slow things will be and their goes a bunch of the mobile customers.

Just MHO

David

TWnpopcards

Message 17 of 38
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Turbo Lister is perfect. eBay is not perfect. I Love my Turbo LIster, it has all
the problems solved. If there is a problem for eBay, the problem must be with the new "HUB" stuff, a pile of commercial nonsense.
Message 18 of 38
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Turbo Lister can export to a CVS file. But where that CVS file is going to in my future is very unclear. CLOUD ???? I am already in a cloud over this issue. Is eBay dense to think that the files can only be in T/L format? Been selling here since 1997 and they even got that "info" wrong in my profile....maybe they should have conversed personally with the genuine old timers of eBay...before trusting new tech.
Message 19 of 38
latest reply

Agreed. Many changes being made online are totally stupid. Websites appear to be playing follow-the-leader when they make changes and those changes are not necessarily for the good. I, too, have quit going to many websites for this reason.
Message 20 of 38
latest reply

I agree with you on all the stupid changes ebay keeps making and a number of sellers are irate at the loss of TURBO LISTER since it's a pretty decent program / database that was offered for free as an incentive for sellers to start working with ebay in the first place. Sadly, ebay's interest is in helping the corporations and not the little guys any more. The TL program may be old, but it still works better than anything out there.
Message 21 of 38
latest reply

LOL -- I agree with you 100%. They are cutting off their own noses to spite their collective faces. E-bay makes too many changes in too short a time period for sellers + buyers to keep up. This latest change of dropping TURBO LISTER in favor of an online "cloud" listing program, though, is totally nuts.
Message 22 of 38
latest reply

Same here. Fees and shipping costs escalating while sales are going down because of seller price adjustments (necessarily higher) and commercial or conglomerate sellers being too competitive on e-bay. These sellers might be able to afford the costs, but the little guys are losing their backsides because they're receiving NO PROFIT whatsoever and can only list up to 50 items per month free unless someone else sponsors them. Good luck to you.
Message 23 of 38
latest reply

And here I thought it was just my computer / browser / cable service that was causing the slow down on e-bay. Oftentimes it drags [like frozen molasses] so bad you have to shut off the browser and start all over again. I didn't realize (but did suspect) that e-bay's site was the culprit. It seems that instead of getting better, the site is continually growing worse - and all so they can spy on you like Microsoft, Google, and every social media site does?
Message 24 of 38
latest reply

Yeah -- the new "hub" stuff is a lot of hooey and nonsense that sellers DO NOT NEED. I agree that TURBO LISTER works just fine; it merely needs a couple of minor tune ups is all. Good luck to you.
Message 25 of 38
latest reply

It's probably the programmers that are causing everyone grief. They learned 'new' stuff in school and are thus too lazy to support or even learn the programs that were already servicing the sellers (old timers like us) well. And, you are correct in not trusting or even in disliking "cloud" programs of any kind -- they are spy programs.
Message 26 of 38
latest reply

Turbo Lister is one of the best and easiest ways to get my new inventory onto ebay and then it imports it into our SolidCommerce inventory which is a huge time saver. I'm pretty upset that they're going to take the T/L feature away from everyone because this is going to make getting inventory onto ebay harder and take twice the time. One of the reasons I like selling on ebay over other sites is the freedom and use of T/L, and now they're going to take this away? Stupid! It seems like ebay is trying to be more and more like Amazon everyday and Amazon is pretty much the seller Nazi of ecommerce which makes it difficult to make any money in a fair and timely manner with their unfair listing capabilities and buyer protection stuff, this is why we are trying to get away from all selling platforms, so we can have our own rules and standards with fair and higher profits while giving our buyers what they deserve at a fair price. We are about our buyers getting the best deal they can on the products we sell and every month we have to increase our product prices because of all the increased fees, unfair buyer protection, and harder listing capabilities. Why can't ebay see they're going to shoot themselves in the foot if they continue to take away the things that we've all loved for so long about ebay. I've always favored ebay over Amazon, which we sell on both, but it's getting harder and harder to feel that way anymore. 

Message 27 of 38
latest reply

I'm actually looking into SixBit today and once I know more I will let everyone know. My first notice is this program does seem suitable for sellers that aren't selling large profit items or have large inventory but I will update once I know more. 

Message 28 of 38
latest reply

So I got notified by SixBit that they don't support websites and they don't integrate with ShippingEasy so they're not any use to us unfortunately other maybe having their base package just to replace TurboLister. So SixBit is a bust for us. I will say their program looks like it mirrors TurboLister so it would probably be a smooth transition for anyone including the non computer teckies like myself. 

Message 29 of 38
latest reply

@total.sports.llc

Did you look at Wonder Lister? Rates are lower than SixBit. Should handle you amount of listings and be a Turbo Lister replacement for $5 or $10 monthly rate plan.

Message 30 of 38
latest reply