cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TL Photo File No Longer Remains Open

I recently had to get a new computer and reload TL on to it.  Since that time I've noticed (much to my annoyance) that when I try to insert pictures in my listings, the file that I'm pulling them from no longer remains open and I have to go thru all of the filters from the top for each picture I want to upload into the  new listing.  I know there's a way to fix this since I had this problem years ago with my old computer, but I cannot for the life of me remember how to fix it now.  Doesn anyone possibly know what I need to do to fix this problem?  TIA!! 

Jeanette

Photobucket

Ooh La La Princess Boutique

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: TL Photo File No Longer Remains Open

@jeanetteski2 - Thank you for posting on this Community Board thread. I'm sorry that you aren't able to quickly select images from a specific folder within Turbo Lister without having to navigate through each folders on your computer everytime. I can see how this can be annoying when the folder options isn't remembered.

This is a fairly common issue and it is a incoindience that you would notice that it happens from within Turbo Lister. What you are describing is a Windows Explorer concern.

To correct this issue, you will need to access your computer's registry and remove an entry from within it.

**Please note that these steps are recommended only for experienced computer users and that you will be following the steps at your own risk. It is also recommended that if you can, ask for help from someone experienced with computers.**

-Close Turbo Lister before doing this.-

1. Click the Windows "Start" button and choose "Run."

2. In the "Open" box type the work "regedit" without the quotation marks and then click the "OK" button. This will open up a window called "Registry Editor". You will notice a list of folders here with a "+" sign next to them. When you click the "+" sign it will expand the folder.

3. Expand the folder named "HKEY_CURRENT_USER"

4. Navigate to the following path:

Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\LastVisitedpidIMRU\

5. Right click on the LastVistedPidIMRU folder and select Delete

This should then allow the program to remember the last folder you where in when you select images from your computer.

I caution again that you would be doing these at your own risk. It's a computer registry that you are adjusting. *Similar Windows steps can be found on the Internet.*

I hope this helps if you choose to perform these steps.

Please feel free to share your outcome with the Community.

Sincerely,

mykal@ebay

eBay Support

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@jeanetteski2 - Thank you for posting on this Community Board thread. I'm sorry that you aren't able to quickly select images from a specific folder within Turbo Lister without having to navigate through each folders on your computer everytime. I can see how this can be annoying when the folder options isn't remembered.

This is a fairly common issue and it is a incoindience that you would notice that it happens from within Turbo Lister. What you are describing is a Windows Explorer concern.

To correct this issue, you will need to access your computer's registry and remove an entry from within it.

**Please note that these steps are recommended only for experienced computer users and that you will be following the steps at your own risk. It is also recommended that if you can, ask for help from someone experienced with computers.**

-Close Turbo Lister before doing this.-

1. Click the Windows "Start" button and choose "Run."

2. In the "Open" box type the work "regedit" without the quotation marks and then click the "OK" button. This will open up a window called "Registry Editor". You will notice a list of folders here with a "+" sign next to them. When you click the "+" sign it will expand the folder.

3. Expand the folder named "HKEY_CURRENT_USER"

4. Navigate to the following path:

Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\LastVisitedpidIMRU\

5. Right click on the LastVistedPidIMRU folder and select Delete

This should then allow the program to remember the last folder you where in when you select images from your computer.

I caution again that you would be doing these at your own risk. It's a computer registry that you are adjusting. *Similar Windows steps can be found on the Internet.*

I hope this helps if you choose to perform these steps.

Please feel free to share your outcome with the Community.

Sincerely,

mykal@ebay

eBay Support

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@mypaymentstest 

Thank you for the response.  I will get my husband to help me with this, since this was the problem to begin with why I had to get a new computer!!  LOL!!  That's another story.  I will come back and let you  and everyone else how it turns out. 

Jeanette

Photobucket

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@mypaymentstest

IT WORKED!!  Thank you so much for helping me.  I got my husband to make the changes (since this was mostly his fault anyhow) and I tried it out and it's now back to the proper way again. 

Jeanette

Photobucket

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thank you for posting that the steps worked. I'm glad you guys were able to adjust your computer registry without any issues.

Sincerely,

mykal@ebay
eBay Support
Message 5 of 5
latest reply