cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Engine has been down for over a week now. No results found..........

The search engine has been down now for over a week , the most simplest searchs return : 

"We looked everywhere.Looks like this page is missing. If you still need help, visit our help pages."

On this search ........."Beatles"

Is this going to be fixed ?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

What page are you starting your searches from? Are you using any filters? Searching title and description?

If I start on ebay.com and enter search terms into the search bar there, I get search results.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=beatles&_sacat=0

eburtonlab_0-1654479819131.png

There are currently some issues with certain older saved searches of a particular format, and Advanced Search page searches using the "search title and description", but otherwise searches should be working.

If you are not getting search results when searching from the main ebay.com page, do you get the same error if you use a different browser?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You're not alone, grade, I have hundreds of search links saved to my computer, which I use every week, and none of them worked on Saturday (when I clicked on a search link, I got the same "page is missing" error). At first I thought it was a result of eBay messing with the category structure, which I heard happened over Memorial Day, so I began the tedious task of reinventing and re-saving all my offsite search links, which continued into Sunday. But late Sunday evening, my search links began working again (obviously an IT fix we users will never hear about).

But what amazes me is, I looked for the problem on this Community page on Saturday and no one had even mentioned it. I know I'm not the only one who has search links stored offsite, because eBay only allows a limited number of Saved Searches.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

There were some threads on Thursday last week that made reference to the issue, but because the problem did not affect all searches but only some older searches in a particular format the problem may not have been as easily noticed or the connection between the various types of searches may not have been made.

Some later threads about the Advanced Search "title and description" problem also made reference to older non-description saved searches not working, and the two problems were almost certainly caused by a common problem. This issue was also likely related to certain RSS feed searches not working.

By Friday at least eBay community staff were made aware of the issue, and by Sunday evening the issue appeared to have been corrected.

Many of the threads about this issue either started on (or possibly were moved to) the Technical Issues board. Here is one of the older threads:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Advanced-Search-Not-Working-Properly/m-p/3...

Message 4 of 4
latest reply