cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RETRIEVING DATA FROM TURBOLISTER

I am getting back on Ebay after a long hiatus and am dismayed to find I cannot use Turbo Lister anymore!

What I need to know is how do I retrieve all the detail info of my previous TL listings?   I have thousands of items still stored in TL, and would like to relist some of these, but now cannot find how to get to my descriptions which included measurements for clothing, etc!?    

And what is taking the place of TL??? 
PLEASE HELP!   DESPERATE!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: RETRIEVING DATA FROM TURBOLISTER

If your copy of TurboLister is on a XP machine, you will not be able to connect to eBay. eBay transmits and receives using the TLS 1.2 transmission protocol now and XP does not have that option. Skip the next paragraph.

If you are on a newer op system (Win 7 or higher), you can go to your Control panel, Click on Internet options, Click on the Advanced tab, and scroll down to the TLS options. Check the box next to TLS 1.2 and the click on Save/Apply. TL should work for you now, including being able to relist. Be sure to follow the next step.

If Turbo starts for you...Click on Tools>Compact databases before you do anything else! If Turbo chokes on the Compact, restart Turbo and repeat. Next click on Tools>Check for program Updates. Follow those instructions. Now you should be able to export/backup your inventory listings, and if you copy your old active listings into your Inventory section, you will be able to export those also. (or for Win 7 or higher, just use Turbo as you have always done).

Back to the XP system. You may still have a copy of setupUS.exe in your download directory. First run the TurboLister backup, either to CD,  or to the cloud (copy the setupUS.exe file to this same backup medium to reinstall on the new op system). Now upgrade to Win 7 or higher. After that works for you successfully, Set your Internet option as above, Then right click on the setupUS.exe file and click Run as administrator. That will start the Turbo install. Restore the backup, and, if all went well, you may be good to go.

eBay has not yet given us any info on the proposed replacement functions to SellerHub. We wait...

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thank you for the suggestion!   I will try this.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Well, I found the file called setupUS.exe.    When I run it it first asks me if I want to remove the current installation.   Am I supposed to do this???    I'm afraid to try this!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I would use the Windows Uninstall feature, first. That feature will allow you to save the databases. My only concern is whether the databases are still in good condition. If Turbo will not start for you, you have little option. But if it will you need to Compact!! before you uninstall the old program.

Windows Uninstall ...

Control Panel>Programs and features. Let the list fill out, Find Turbo Lister 2, click on it, then click on Uninstall or change a program. It will ask you if you wish to keep your data. Using this process is the one I am familier with. I do not know what happens if you let the setupUS program do this for you.

The good news is that Turbo is not dead yet. See my other thread on this board.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 5 of 5
latest reply