cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoted Listing now charging the percent on sales tax?????

I noticed just recently that the amount I pay on promoted listings has gone up.  Finally figured out the ones that are higher than what I intended to pay are being calculated with the sales tax added in.  No Way does this seem fair.  I also noticed when you set your rate it does not tell you anymore how much you will pay.  Another way Ebay is sneaking in a rate hike with out anyone knowing.  As far as I am concerned they will loose money on me because I will reduce the percentage so I will not be paying the extra & on no sales tax orders Ebay will get less money.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Promoted Listing now charging the percent on sales tax?????

Pretty soon raising prices to compensate for any fees is going to put people in the nobody wants to buy it zone for some items, so be careful with this. If you know an item will get visibility based on it’s rarity or less crowded search you do not need a promotion on it. Just sell it for a fair competitive price.

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Re: Promoted Listing now charging the percent on sales tax?????

Profiting on sales tax as part of a transaction is at the very least unethical and should be illegal.  With enough maneuvering, I can somewhat accept it on the financial transaction end of it, but on paying for additional advertising? No f-kng way.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply