cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perferred Selling Costs not working right.

Hello All, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Just recently, the Preferred Selling Costs for postage have recently went to my bank account and not my Credit Card ("CC") when the Available Funds are low.  Under Payments, my CC is the Preferred Method for my Selling Costs; therefore, they should be going to the CC like before.  Hope that gets fixed and thanks.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Update:

eBay switched this during some sort of Software Update.  When I try to add my CC (which is on file to being with), the software says "We couldn't verify this card. Please select a different payment method."  Trying it again, and again, and again, and it tells me to pound sand.   Ah, verify the card.....it works.  Will try again later.  My dough is good.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Cannot verify the CC or any card for that matter for shipping balances; in fact, the card was removed from the shipping page, yet it was there for years.  Who removed the card, forcing additional payments to go elsewhere?  Who did that, who made a boo-boo.  Please fix.  And Thanks.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Okay, so my CC is still inside my seller account, under "Payments" where it has always been, and it says that it to be used for shipping balances.  But when purchasing a label on the actual shipping page for a buyer, it is not there (and one cannot enter in the CC details as the system refuses to verify the card).  Therefore, this is an eBay connectivity bug.   Anyone else having this issue?  Hope it gets fixed (providing the heads up now before others do).  Bye.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@shado-x wrote:

Okay, so my CC is still inside my seller account, under "Payments" where it has always been, and it says that it to be used for shipping balances.  But when purchasing a label on the actual shipping page for a buyer, it is not there (and one cannot enter in the CC details as the system refuses to verify the card).  Therefore, this is an eBay connectivity bug.   Anyone else having this issue?  Hope it gets fixed (providing the heads up now before others do).  Bye.

There is no CC option when you go to buy a shipping label.

The only two options are Pay Pal and Pending Funds.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

.... and I have a screen shot from two years ago showing the same two options.

@shado-x 

If you have a PayPal account and your credit card funds that account, then you can use PayPal to charge postage to your credit card.

Shipping Label - payment method - PayPalShipping Label - payment method - PayPal

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

There is.  There is a link next to the Your Funds options that says "you can select a different payment method", from which you can add a CC.  If is for me and has been.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Thank you Ken's Gift Shop.  eBay updated the software from 2 years ago with more options.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Here is a screenshot from 11 months ago, where it says "Change how you're charged":

shipping_label_payment_method.jpg

And here is one from 6 months ago that says "select a different payment method":

shipping_qr_code.png

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

If you are looking at eBay 'payment' and they want a 'card' it's for you to get paid faster, must be a Debit Card and they will charge you 1.5% to do so.

To use a CC, you have to attach that card as 'primary payment' with PAYPAL only- then chose 'pay with PP' when purchasing labels. 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Yes, the "select a different payment method" allows the addition of a credit card or a debit card.  Every user's main account under "Payments" allows members to default a credit card ("CC") with outstanding balances for fees and shipping.  Therefore, when selecting a different method to pay, the CC as an option should be showing.  As of a week ago, it disappeared from the eBay Label page, from which the system (and it shouldn't).  When attempting to re-add the CC, the system will not connect with the eBay server and rejects the attempt.  I did a chat on eBay's text messaging system with 3 representatives with a full attempt together to register the attempts; and in the end, a report about the problem was generated to the appropriate team to fix the issue.  According to them, there are other sellers who have reported this problem.

So we shall see how fees and postage balances are charged over the holidays.  Thanks.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

If you are looking at eBay 'payment' and they want a 'card' it's for you to get paid faster, must be a Debit Card and they will charge you 1.5% to do so.  To use a CC, you have to attach that card as 'primary payment' with PAYPAL only- then chose 'pay with PP' when purchasing labels. 

This is about how outstanding balances are charged after all available funds have been fully deposited.  As for the PayPal option, we are done with PayPal and will not use that third-party service (among the additional logins) when eBay allows the CC option on their own platform as the Managed Payments First Party source.  The PayPal option was given during my text chat with eBay until the issue is fixed, but we still want the First Party option (since the CC is listed as such on my account), thus no PayPal from me.  😉

Message 12 of 12
latest reply