cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Listing Tools

What happened to the Classic listing tools? The new tools make it look like you are on a cell phone and totally horizontal formatting. Really makes it hard to list now. You have to change everything and the changes don't always take effect. I need to see my listings on my computer not a cell phone formatting. It literally sucks to list anything now and I have over 700 items listed. Why would they change a system that worked perfectly fine? Cmon Ebay you have sellers that want to make money and when we make money so does Ebay.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: New Listing Tools

@lucybellet wrote:

What happened to the Classic listing tools? The new tools make it look like you are on a cell phone...

@lucybellet 

eBay refers to the new listing tool as the Unified Lister because the intent is to unify their various listers into one look and feel, and doing so means eBay programmers would only need to support one program instead of several. The lowest common denominator is the mobile app.

I personally prefer the old grid format for desktop where all options are visible and available on one screen, with minimal scrolling.  Based on the feedback that sellers provide (click the triple dots at the top of the screen), eBay has slowly been adding back some of the business lister features by putting them on the the main page instead of hidden in popups. Let eBay know your specific preferences by using the feedback option on the new lister.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Yes- keep sending your feedback in- simple bullet point so they can "understand" our frustrations

by making the new new tool the "the lowest common denominator" as shipscript mentions- they have seriously hampered the majority of ebay listers.  We can only hope that some in charge has seen the error and is redirecting the design teams to provide a usable listing tool that we the customers actually want- and need

KEEP SENDING FEEDBACK- i am confident that the only thing this tool unified is seller's disapproval because its a phone app NOT a desktop listing tool.

It looks like we all share the same pain points- 

too many extra clicks

too many popups

having to leave main page all the time for stuff that should be in plain site on the main flow

hidden features buried in layers of popups

item specific boxes that only show 3 words- then a + sign ( how can we proof if its all hidden)

item specific suggestions that require 3 extra clicks instead of a typeable field

all the waisted and "bright white" screen space

Unfortunately the majority of the problems with the new tool stem from its modular compartmentalizing mobile design.  It just does not translate to a desktop experience.

On a phone- with the simple and expected flip of a finger- the whole screen changes- its not a disruption.

On a desktop- the same popup with the click of a mouse, overlaid on your screen, IS disruptive and makes the user wonder why wasnt the simple task handled on the page i was just on?

This tool dismisses the obvious and major advantages of why people use computers over small mobile phone to conduct business.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I have noticed that when I click on a item specific that section essentially reloads.  Also stuff from the item specifics that  I have on my template are not showing up when I create a listing.    I list media and the process has now become so much longer...

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

As usual eBay took something that worked great and ruined it. The new format takes me longer to list. Over hundreds of items a week, this is a big issue.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

its been a huge issue for most everyone

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

It is nonsense, almost after any ebay "upgrade" actually it is downgrade.

Previously it was an easy "Listing tool" and after upgrade it became difficult and requires too much time. 

It looks that ebay programmers are working and making changes only in order to work and fulfill the work. The main importance is design and visuality, no matter that it is very complicated to work with. They do not use all those tools and do not imagine how inconvenient their changes are. And this is with all renews and changes. It is stated that those amendments are made for sellers to easier work with but it is contrary.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

It is nonsense, almost after any eBay "upgrade" actually it is downgrade.

It's called an "enhancement".  We learned this with airline Frequent Flyer programs, so no surprises.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I have "polled" hundreds of people in the past 6 months - LITERRALLY not a single person liked the new design. Everyone complained how distracting and hard to use on a computer it is.  Interestingly, that also showed how many users prefer using a desktop to list also- only a couple people i found lististed with their phones.     These were just random people i met in grocery stores or gas stations that i struck up a conversation with.    A pretty random cross section of east coast ebay users.   The one thing unified was seller's dislike of the new listing tool

I think somebody at ebay "screwed the pooch" on this one as they say.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply