cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Listing Tool is Atrocious

As the title states...having sold on eBay since 2002 I can confidently say that this is the single worst update they have ever rolled out. The old listing tool made it easy to click "Sell an item," upload your photos, and fill in the specifics (it was never lightning fast to sell something, but I digress).

Now, if I want to sell an item, I need to search for a similar one, fill in some specifics, and then be taken to the new listing tool where everything is made to take longer. I sell a lot of similar items and found it extremely useful on the old listing tool where the Chrome autofill would complete partial-entries for me that I had previously put in. The new listing tool does not let me do this.

I understand eBay has notoriously not given a **bleep** about their sellers (having experienced this first-hand for 20 years now) but please, for the love of all things holy, at least give sellers - the ones who MAKE YOU MONEY - the choice to use your new listing tool or not. I think you'd be surprised at how many sellers opt to use the old one.

If it was never broken, why ever fix it?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: New Listing Tool is Atrocious

You think it's bad now, you should have tried it a couple years ago when they first released it.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

So does Ebay let some long time users to beta test??.....it sure does not seem that way.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Took me about 20 listings to get it down. It has been a piece of cake since then. My old templates were still there, so no complaints here.

Posting ID
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

ebay made it available to users a couple years ago and wanted feedback..... it was completely unusable.. i mean you could literally not make a listing in 1/2 hour to an hour!...... it was horrific!  It should have been shelved then but they pushed ahead while disregarding long time seller feedback.... as they usually do.   It wasn't until more recently in the past 10 months or so as they rolled it out to more sellers that the s#%t hit the fan in large scaler and they were finally forced to address the issues that nobody wanted a crappy mobile experience on their desktops! Unified experience AKA a mobile app on our computers did not work- it ruined the whole listing experience and quadrupled the time it took to list an item.

Finally after losing gmv month over month because people stopped listing here- they have been making changes.   It getting to the point that its decent... it nowhere near as good as the classic but at least its usable.

Keep sending feedback so they can keep making improvements- hopefully we will get there soon!

The short answer though is that mobile design does not work on computers. redesign the tool with the user and device in mind and we will get there. Right now it still takes  too many unnecessary extra clicks to access everything and the programming is not stable-  simple things like providing a box to type in an item specific instead of having to click on "see more" to get to the typing field makes a huge difference. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply