cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed payments SUCK

This new payments system sucks. I don't get my money right away & it's not going into my paypal account. It is screwing up my accounting and making it harder to pay for shipping as I have to transfer money into my paypal to pay for shipping. I don't know which items they are giving me my money for. They get to hold onto it in their bank and are making millions on interest while they have it thinking we are stupid and have no idea what they are doing. It is making things so much harder to sell on here. No wonder the honest dealers are leaving, I'm about to call it quits as well. I want to handle my own funds. I'm not a 14 year old that needs help managing his money. Tell eBay to GIVE us back our MONEY!

Message 1 of 361
latest reply
360 REPLIES 360

Re: Managed payments SUCK

I have a problem with managed payments from the standpoint I understood more dollars would go into our pockets when they cut out the middle man being Paypal. I have compared same products I sell over and over again and eBay is actually keeping more of my money since I was forced to managed payments. It really is a joke how high eBay's fees have gotten. Close to 14 percent now, ridiculous!😕

Message 16 of 361
latest reply

@muskingum_relics wrote:

although that may be true the fact still remains that PP in overall context is a 1000 times better payment method than MP. It was fast , reliable , and it worked !

Only a few posters have said any different than that.  As there are actually sellers that don't like PP at all for whatever their reasons are.  

Still it has NOTHING to do with the subject of this thread.  PP couldn't get a transfer to anyone on a Federal holiday any quicker than MP could.  It is the SAME ACH system.  

Just slow down.  You want everything to be a slam on MP and it just shows more and more how you don't understand the process.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 17 of 361
latest reply

@poolfixer wrote:

I have a problem with managed payments from the standpoint I understood more dollars would go into our pockets when they cut out the middle man being Paypal. I have compared same products I sell over and over again and eBay is actually keeping more of my money since I was forced to managed payments. It really is a joke how high eBay's fees have gotten. Close to 14 percent now, ridiculous!😕

@poolfixer 

It is helpful to understand how that breaks down so you know what it is replacing.  The Simplified fee format is the same for any category you may sell in. 

2.9% Money Processing Fee

10.00%  Ebay FVF 

-0.55% Reduction in FVF

12.35% Total Fee 

So the highlighted amount may change depending on the category you sell in and if you have a store or not, but the other two numbers are the same for all categories.   

The Simplified Fee is calculation on the full amount of the US sale to include sales tax.  It is however important to keep in mind that sales tax is no more than 10% of your US sale and many times is lower.  Having a FVF on sales tax is new for us and I don't know anyone that likes it, I know I don't.  But it is here and we have to deal with it if we are going into MP. 

So keep in mind that sales tax is no more than 10% of your transaction amount which means that 90% of your FVFs is LOWER by 0.55%.  This helps to offset the new FVF on sales tax, often times entirely.  Of course there will be exception.   

To get a clear view of what the Simplified fee is going to mean for you, you need to look at a lot more than one or two transactions.  I personally compared my May sales for the differences between regular Ebay and the MP fees.  I came up with I saved 0.71% on my overall FVFs for US sales.  That was with 78% of my sales taxable and 22% not taxable. 

For June I saved 0.83% on FVFs for US sales.  That was with 82% of my sales taxable and 18% non taxable.  For July I saved 0.76% on my fees.

Message 18 of 361
latest reply

@muskingum_relics wrote:

although that may be true the fact still remains that PP in overall context is a 1000 times better payment method than MP. It was fast , reliable , and it worked !

Well that I have to agree with.

Message 19 of 361
latest reply

@poolfixer wrote:

Did you include all you PP fees with this??

Message 20 of 361
latest reply

I do understand this !! the process is too slow, it is unwanted by many !! I understand I see far more negative within the whole process of it than there pluses ! Again ebay took a payment process that worked and broke it with MP. I understand each seller should have the right to choose how they prefer their payments !! But again it always has to be about ebay. There is not much about MP that cannot be slammed !! Ebay should have the system far more well oiled before they started the process of going ahead and forcing it and if a seller does not sign up they go the the unfair process of restricting sellers from listing ! They are forcing sellers into an unproven payment measure unfairly while in the meantime sellers have to wait on there money for all kinds of reasons. Holidays, weekends etc !! I will have to argue against it as much as you argue for it !! It is a joke and a bad one at that on the ebay sellers !!!

Message 21 of 361
latest reply

My biggest problem with it....so far....is I can't even see what I have connected to the managed payment system. I keep getting emails saying it's coming and to prepare, but I can't even get to the areas that are connected to managed payments. I have no idea which bank account they have for me, it's not visible anywhere I've looked. If I know what's going on, I can decide if it's for me. But it seems to be this big mystery, secret. All I want to do is make sure that right bank account is connected and choose when to get paid. If I get burned with this, I'm out.

Message 22 of 361
latest reply

@muskingum_relics wrote:

I do understand this !! the process is too slow, it is unwanted by many !! I understand I see far more negative within the whole process of it than there pluses ! Again ebay took a payment process that worked and broke it with MP. I understand each seller should have the right to choose how they prefer their payments !! But again it always has to be about ebay. There is not much about MP that cannot be slammed !! Ebay should have the system far more well oiled before they started the process of going ahead and forcing it and if a seller does not sign up they go the the unfair process of restricting sellers from listing ! They are forcing sellers into an unproven payment measure unfairly while in the meantime sellers have to wait on there money for all kinds of reasons. Holidays, weekends etc !! I will have to argue against it as much as you argue for it !! It is a joke and a bad one at that on the ebay sellers !!!

I get it.  I understand your view point.  You have made that abundantly clear on all the threads you post on.  

Yep the threads are full of people having one issue or another with MP.  Some are very serious and others are that they just don't like the process.  All important, each one.  However as we have talked about before.  People just don't tend to come to threads like these to post feel good stories.  And when they do, the bashers come out and bash them.  So some just don't want to deal with that conflict.

However this program is no "joke".  It is a program that deals with the core of all our businesses, our money.  There are good things about MP, there are bad things about MP, there are things that could and should improve in MP.  You only want to focus on things that are bad in your opinion.  That simply isn't going to happen.  We all have the right to post.

It is "unproven" to you but that doesn't mean it is "unproven".  It just means you haven't used it.  And as much as you don't seem to want to acknowledge it, PP is also a bit restricted by those pesky bank holidays too.  

You don't speak for all the sellers.  As much as you want to, you don't.  And just because you refuse to acknowledge that some are fine with MP [while hoping for improvements], doesn't mean those sellers don't exist.

And you keep saying I "argue for it" when I have repeatedly explained this to you but again something you refuse to acknowledge.  I firmly believe to go into MP or not to go into MP is a choice for each of us to make.  I also firmly believe that ALL sellers should make that decision being actually informed on the facts of MP, not the assumptions and gossip.  I could care less what seller stays or goes.  I just want them to have the actual facts so they can make the best possible decision for them.

I've expressed many times to you things that I feel need to improve.  But you continue to want to portray my post as being Pro-MP when most are not.  So when you stop trying to pass bad information, I'll stop trying to correct it.

Message 23 of 361
latest reply

I love managed payments!  Money goes into my bank account every weekday; shipping is taken out of my pending funds.  I have a credit card set up for my store subscription to come out of automatically.  I don't have to do a thing!  There is a report in the Payment tab on the seller hub that tells me exactly what is going on!  If you are having problems, do a little research and see if you have it set up the most efficient way.  

Message 24 of 361
latest reply

The main reason eBay broke ties with PayPal.
After a purchase,  A seller could get the buyers direct email address thru PayPal and contact them directly on future purchases, thereby avoiding eBay.

eBay censors all of your messages and will not let you exchange contact info of any kind between buyer and seller.

Don't like Managed Payments? Wait and see the nightmare of Managed Delivery, its coming next.

Message 25 of 361
latest reply

@civicwagonparts wrote:

The main reason eBay broke ties with PayPal.
After a purchase,  A seller could get the buyers direct email address thru PayPal and contact them directly on future purchases, thereby avoiding eBay.

eBay censors all of your messages and will not let you exchange contact info of any kind between buyer and seller.

Don't like Managed Payments? Wait and see the nightmare of Managed Delivery, its coming next.

No.  Ebay use to own PP until 2015.  When they spun PP off they made the decision to create their own money processing program and MP was born.  They started it on the site in 2018.  It has zero to do with email address are anything like it.  

Up until recently we could get a buyer's email address right on the Ebay site for those we had a current transaction with.  We did not have to go to PP to get it.  Now both Ebay and PP have scrambled them so we don't have access to their actual address anymore.  

Since Ebay doesn't own or ship any products, if a thing such as Managed Delivery came into being, it would have to be seller choice.

@civicwagonparts 

Message 26 of 361
latest reply

@domineone wrote:

My biggest problem with it....so far....is I can't even see what I have connected to the managed payment system. I keep getting emails saying it's coming and to prepare, but I can't even get to the areas that are connected to managed payments. I have no idea which bank account they have for me, it's not visible anywhere I've looked. If I know what's going on, I can decide if it's for me. But it seems to be this big mystery, secret. All I want to do is make sure that right bank account is connected and choose when to get paid. If I get burned with this, I'm out.

Once you are in MP, a Payment tab will become active on the Seller Hub for you, but not until you are active.

The only way Ebay would have a bank account for you is if you used that for your back up funding source as a seller.  If you didn't, then they don't have one or it is doubtful that they do.  But how will determining what bank account you have attached help you to determine if MP is right for you are not?  I don't understand.  

You connect the bank account to MP.  When you registered for MP is when they asked you for your SSN, Bank routing number and bank account number.  That is what was attached to your MP account.

Now learning about the program, in the emails you have been getting from MP, there will be links to various policies in those links for you to learn and update yourself on the functions of MP.  This link below will help you as well.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments/Infographic-How-payouts-work-on-managed-payments/m-p/31272627...

@domineone 

Message 27 of 361
latest reply

Absolutely. I take great pleasure in knowing that the decisions made by eBay that have been so detrimental to sellers will result in them only having fraudsters and the Chinese selling on their platform. 

Message 28 of 361
latest reply

@outdatedrecreated wrote:

Absolutely. I take great pleasure in knowing that the decisions made by eBay that have been so detrimental to sellers will result in them only having fraudsters and the Chinese selling on their platform. 

What is "detrimental" for some sellers will not be for others.  It is a mixed bag.  There are things in MP that absolutely need to improve and soon.  It is just such a huge change and huge changes bring on great debates.  

Message 29 of 361
latest reply

eBay will be forcing sellers to mail your items to a processing warehouse, just like "FullfilmentByAmazon".

Trust me. Its coming next, they delayed it for this year, but it is coming soon. Google "eBay Managed Delivery".

And research the "ePID", the "eBay Product Identifer". Soon, like on AZ, all sellers will share the same listing and complete with each other to offer the lowest price.

The Hedge Fund Managers that sit on the eBay board of directors have a new direction to maximize profit, and take market share from AZ, hence all of the recent changes.
Pierre O, eBay founder, stepped off the Board in August.

eBay as we knew it has gone, welcome to "eBamAzon".

Message 30 of 361
latest reply