cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Turbo Lister officially dead?

Is Turbo Lister officially dead?

I've been able to upload items up through yesterday with TL, as of today, while I can start TL and open one of my user ID's, as soon as I click anything, the program stops working and closes. I've read that eBay will stop supporting TL as of June 1st, 2020...is this crashing due to that?

If so, how can I take advantage of the 50,000 free listings that I've been given, and mass upload them? While uploading one by one is possible, that would be an insane amount of work! 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Is Turbo Lister officially dead?

Turbo Lister will cease interfacing with eBay at the end of June 2020. It should function until then, according to staff. Since site updates occur on Thursday nights, it's possible some update is interfering with your upload, but it would have been an unintentional oversight and not part of the deprecation of Turbo Lister. Another possibility is that your security software updated last night.

To upload a massive number of listings, you might consider eBay's free File Exchange or a third party listing service, or possibility a desktop program like SixBit.

Others have recommended that sellers considering moving to another listing program should do so now, well in advance of the termination of Turbo Lister, in order to port all saved listings while TL is still active.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the fast response. Just tried running TL this morning, still starts, but as soon as I click anything, it crashes...so I guess something else is going on? How does one 'port' listings to File Exchange? Is there a tutorial somewhere. Also, would I be able to do that if can't get TL to stay active? I've made database backups a few weeks back, will I be able to import them into FE?

Thanks!

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

If you can get TL running again,   @dollybeauty  provided instructions for downloading a CSV file from Turbo Lister that includes descriptions. The headers in the CSV may need revision to work in File Exchange, but the first crucial step is to generate that CSV.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Tools-Apps/file-exchange-transfer-from-turbo-lister-or-from-ebay-to-FE...

File Exchange can not transfer photos from your desktop. You will need to provide File Exchange with the URLs for hosted images, or else manually add photos directly to listings.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Strange, I answered this, but I don't see it, I guess it didn't 'take'. I still can't get TL to work...it comes up, but as soon as I click anything, it crashes. I even tried downloading the program and re-installing it. Still doesn't work. 
I do have somewhat recent TL2 database backups, in .imb and .tlb formats. Can FE accept those, or can it only accept CSV files?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@tkmops

A CSV must be exported from TL for File Exchange. FE can't work with the database directly.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

You may want to contact the Advanced Apps team to see if there are other data retrieval options. Do you have the latest version of TL installed? If not, they can direct you to the latest version.

Send email to turbodata@ebay.com, or call in to Customer Service and ask for the File Exchange/Advanced Apps support team. Business hours are 8AM - 6PM Mountain Standard Time (Monday - Friday).

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the email address and contacting Customer Service...I'll check those out.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply