cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on uploading new listing - error BAF.Error.5 Mapper : MapRequest

Been using my custom spreadsheet for uploading new listings recently and everything has been great...until today. 

Getting this error messaging:

Line Number Action       Status     ErrorCode     ErrorMessage
2                        VerifyAdd Failure    BAF.Error.5     Mapper : MapRequest

I have no idea on this...researched with no solutions. Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Tracy

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Help on uploading new listing - error BAF.Error.5 Mapper : MapRequest

If you have any field data that was copy/pasted into the spreadsheet, check that data for unrecognized or non printable characters.

https://pages.ebay.com/file_exchange/SMP_errorcodes.html

In File Exchange, that might also refer to using an older editor to save a file in UTF format, where special identifying characters are added to the beginning of the file, rendering it unusable by eBay. Save your file in western ISO format.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks again for the help. That actually wasn't the problem, but rather an issue with my customized spreadsheet where a macro had a small issue. I'll remember this "non-printable characters" issue for the future though. Did some research on it and seems there is a CLEAN function that helps there, and also copy/pasting the text into Notepad where those issues show up there.

Thanks again

Tracy

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

HI guys, I don't have any of the above issues, but i am still getting an error. Can anyone help please.

Also i am trying to list item with size variation, how do i apply that in the excel file

worldofmartial_0-1681365205108.png

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

worldofmartial_1-1681365268487.png

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@worldofmartial 

The use of the variation field is incorrect, and will need a lot of work, but we can get that in shape after determining that the upload itself is working. I would recommend that you first create a single listing without variations in order to test the spreadsheet itself.

Start with your current spreadsheet. Remove all but the first line item. Remove any data in the "Relationship" column and in the "Relationship details" column.

To run a test, change the first Action column from "Add" to "VerifyAdd".

Export as a CSV file in Windows format.

eBay will then process the spreadsheet without posting a listing.

If there is still a BAF error, we should look at the structure of the file itself.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply