cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Exchange Inconsistent Gallery Picture Upload - Error Code 25 Update

Four days ago, I uploaded 716 listings using File Exchange. I quickly learned that nearly 50% did not have a gallery picture and the other half did. All things being equal. Upon looking at one listing without the gallery picture, I see the message Gallery Error Code 25.  I followed the three choices given and no difference. I can see the pictures for the listing but the gallery picture does not show BUT sometimes does show - inconsistent!  When I speak with a eBay File Exchange tech, he saids it might be because of my hosting.  I say "No Way" - eBay has the pictures!  There appears to be a problem inside eBay's FE system.  I have tried doing a number of Revise transactions with different subdirectories, different picture file names and also by adding # at the end of the URL 's.  No difference. Same results.  Frustrating.  No gallery picture showing makes for lower CTR. The tech said they've known about the problem for "months".   I asked for a credit on my seller fees and received a promise that it would be credited.  Has anyone else experienced this issue or have a reasonable work-around? 

UPDATE 10/5 - I ran 60 new listings. On the first attempt, 32 had the Code 25 error. I decided to just run it again as a Revise trans and add the # at the end of picture name (i.e. *.jpg#). On this second run (all 60), 12 total had the Code 25 error.  I repeated another 60 run and removed the # on all listings.  This time only 3 remained with the Code 25.  I manually fixed these last 3.  So, it is like beating the server with a baseball bat!  Hopefully, the techs can get this resolved soon.  Forcing me and others to run the same transactions multiple times only drains system resources.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: File Exchange Inconsistent Gallery Picture Upload - Error Code 25 Update

I am having the exact same results with my listings as well and using the .jpg# to fix is a complete pain in the butt.  I am having to do multiple "REVISE" uploads as well to fix my listing.  Also, eBay sellers can forget about using the "FIX GALLERY option"... it just cycles trying and fixes nothing.  eBay needs to automated the "FIX GALLERY" so errors are automatically corrected.  If eBay engineers can program to detect GALLERY errors, then why can't eBay engineers program it to automatically reload the image to recreate the GALLERY Image and fix the GALLERY Image error.  PLEASE HELP WITH THIS ISSUE!

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: File Exchange Inconsistent Gallery Picture Upload - Error Code 25 Update

PLEEEEEAAAASE.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply