cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Exchange Fails when CSV contains more than 2 items with variation

I'm trying to bulk upload some items (all of them with 3~4 variations) using file exchange.

Each item (as a whole including the variation) uploads perfectly well when it's the only item in the CSV. But when I put them together in one CSV file, it seems like the system fails to tell each item apart, because it gives me some errors for the line where the second item is.

The errors are 515|73|21916664|21916586|21916639

1) Error - The quantity must be a valid number greater than 0.||

2) Error - The price in the listing is either invalid or below the minimum price of US $0.99.|US $0.99|404557671188|COSM2311||

3) Error - Variation Specifics provided does not match with the variation specifics of the variations on the item.||

4) Error - Duplicate name-value combination in variation specifics.|2||

5) Error - Variation specific value ""Type A"" used for pictures does not exist in variation specific set.|""Type A""|

For the first and second error, I tried adding the quantity and the starting price, but it gives me a warning saying that the parent listing must have quantity and starting price left empty. Also, these errors continue even when I put a single listing without variation right in between the two listings with variations. Plus, it gives me another error 21916587 Error - Missing name in the variation specifics or variation specifics set.

So I think this indicates that the system can't tell where the variations end and a new listing starts.

I also tried putting empty rows in between every new listings, but it seems like the system detects an empty row as the end of file. So this only uploads the first listing in the file.

How can I solve this problem?

For errors 3,4,5, I honestly have no idea what these mean, but I think they'll go away if the individual listings can be correctly recognized. Except I'm still curious about error 4 because there's no duplicate names at all in my test file. Is it not possible to have duplicate names for variations of different listing? Like, I'll have to have "Type A" for many of my different items.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: File Exchange Fails when CSV contains more than 2 items with variation

@kjcstargate 

Most likely, the variation set (RelationshipDetails) is not correctly stated in the master record of the variation.

Can you post these columns from your spreadsheet?

ActionRelationshipRelationshipDetailsQuantityStartPrice

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

There are three items:

Row 1 (variations from row 2~4)

Row 5 (no variation)

Row 6 (variations from row 7~10)

Each of three uploads correctly when uploaded one by one (exactly as below).

*Action(SiteID=US|Country=US|Currency=USD|Version=1193)RelationshipRelationship detailsStart priceQuantityItem photo URL
1AddVariationCover=Type A;Type B;Type C  
2AddVariationCover=Type A23.9910
3AddVariationCover=Type B23.9910
4AddVariationCover=Type C23.9910
5Add  69.9910
6AddVariation
Cover=Jang Won-young: Type A;Jang Won-young: Type B;Minnie: Type A;Minnie: Type B

7AddVariationCover=Jang Won-young: Type A24.9910
8AddVariationCover=Jang Won-young: Type B24.9910
9AddVariationCover=Minnie: Type A24.9910
10AddVariationCover=Minnie: Type B24.9910
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@kjcstargate 

The spreadsheet has a variation listing, a single listing, and another variation listing.

The "Add" instruction belongs on only the master records. The first cell should be empty for each of the variation rows.

The "Variation" relationship belongs only on each variation in the group. That cell should be empty on master records.

Remove the red words and leave those cells empty.

ActionRelationshipRelationship detailsStart priceQuantity
AddVariationCover=Type A;Type B;Type C  
AddVariationCover=Type A23.9910
AddVariationCover=Type B23.9910
AddVariationCover=Type C23.9910
Add  69.9910
AddVariationCover=Jang Won-young: Type A;Jang Won-young: Type B;Minnie: Type A;Minnie: Type B  
AddVariationCover=Jang Won-young: Type A24.9910
AddVariationCover=Jang Won-young: Type B24.9910
AddVariationCover=Minnie: Type A24.9910
AddVariationCover=Minnie: Type B24.9910

The photo URLs appeared to be correctly formatted. 

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Oh my god, it's working! Thank you.

But one more thing,

I'm keep getting this warning even though the listings went up successfully.

21920362 Your selected payment policy had deprecated information. A new or different policy Payment policy was mapped in its place.

I leave the section "Payment profile name" blank. Mine's managed by eBay and the name is literally "Payment policy". Can this warning be ignored?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@kjcstargate 

That's great news! A success usually doesn't come so quickly. 

Warnings can often be ignored, particularly when eBay reports they have implemented a workaround.

It sounds like your payment policy that uses the name "Payment policy" was used as the default when none was supplied, but that there is some old data in it. If you are using policies, then look at your "Payment policy" to see if it contains PayPal or other payment instructions that are no longer relevant. A payment policy can include "immediate payment required", so even if using Managed Payments, there are still some things that can be set in a policy. Be sure to include your Payment policy name in the appropriate policy field on the spreadsheet.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply