cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I access my TL account from another computer?

Short history:  I messed up my computer and can't even get it to open now.  I'm on my DH's computer right now.  Can I access my TL account from this computer?  I can't even remember how to bring it up right now, or if I even can do that.  Am I screwed?  I had wanted to copy my whole file before they dismantle the program in June.   TIA!!

Photobucket

Ooh La La Princess Boutique

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Can I access my TL account from another computer?

TL is not an account; it's an application and database, installed on your computer, that accesses eBay via your eBay account.

If your computer isn't working, you can't get to TL or the database file. If you didn't make a backup of your data and copy it somewhere else, you've lost it unless you can get your computer working again.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

True to your name, "that's all folks"!  My DH has a TL on his computer, but it's completely empty.  Not a single listing stored in it or anything else that I had.  I guess I'll have to wait until we can get my computer to the "doctor" and see wth I did to it that it won't even open up today.  Thanks for your help. 

Photobucket

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@jeanetteski2 wrote:

True to your name, "that's all folks"!  My DH has a TL on his computer, but it's completely empty.  Not a single listing stored in it or anything else that I had.  I guess I'll have to wait until we can get my computer to the "doctor" and see wth I did to it that it won't even open up today.  Thanks for your help. 

@jeanetteski2

You can use TL on DH's computer to grab all of your current and recent listings. There's an option to add a user; add your account, and then use the option to sync the TL database with your eBay listings.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@thatsallfolks

Honestly, I'm such a creature of habit, I can't even remember how to get to TL on this computer.  I had it bookmarked on mine and just used that all the time.  I'm sorry to be so needy, but do you think you could tell me the steps to even get it to open on here?  I do have the My Ebay Summary page open on this computer.  At least I can do that, but where do I go from there?  I googled it, but that just talks about the program and is not much help for what I need. 

Photobucket

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

TL isn't on the Internet; you don't use a web browser to run it. It's right on your computer.

Click on "Start", then look for a folder called "eBay". TL is in that folder.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@thatsallfolks

Thanks for your help.  I see from Dolly that they are now planning on leaving TL up for a while.  Hopefully, by that time I can have my own computer back and running again and then I won't have this problem. 

Photobucket

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@thatsallfolks

I managed to download a new TL on my DH's computer here and I was able to at least sync all my current listings to that program - just in case.  It's not perfect and doesn't contain all my other listings from other seasons, but it's something.  Thanks again. 

Photobucket

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

The real question is, what did you do to your old computer.

While it may not be fixable, it MAY be possible for a geeky type to snag your Turbo backup files for you (that's assuming you DID backups).

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 9 of 9
latest reply