cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a scam?

8A6EAAD3-C709-419E-8720-3E3D458A8124.png

Hi again!

Right now I'm at Hill AF Base in Utah, doing a special training and getting ready for my deployment. The car is already at a storage place in Salt Lake City, sealed and ready to be delivered to your place in 2-3 days. As I said in my first email it has a clear title and the last price $1,200 including delivery to your address. I decided to make this deal with eBay Motors because this way we'll both be protected. By dealing through eBay we are both covered and nothing wrong can happen with my car or your money. They will handle the shipping, the payment and the papers exchange. You will benefit of free delivery and a 5 day period to test the car. Your money will stay in your possession and you won't release any payment to me until you inspect and accept the car.

If you're interested please reply with your full name, phone # and delivery address so I can start the transaction with eBay and ask them to send you the invoice with the terms of the transaction (with no further obligation or fees). Thank you !

PS I ATTACHED THE EMAIL WITH THE INVOICE AS WELL? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Is this a scam?

Yes it's a scam.  Never pay by sending someone the codes off an ebay gift card.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Definitely a scam

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

This is a scam that has been here for years. Never, pay for anything on eBay with gift cards, it is a scam. eBay would never make a deal like this.

Don't give out any of your persoanl information.

Once you give the scammer the gift card codes your money is instantly gone and you cannot get it back. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thank god I looked this up! Thank you all for solidifying my suspicions!
Message 6 of 6
latest reply